Dapper Day

Started by HildeKitten, February 06, 2015, 11:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HildeKitten

Disneyland Paris has Dapper Day in September again, and I know it's a huge deal in the US parks, especially in California. I've been looking at photos and wanting to go for AGES now, so I was wondering if anyone has ever done Dapper Day in DLP before and what your experiences were?
It looks like such a fun event, so I'm curious to hear from people that have done it before :)

Mrsya

Aww, it's a shame you haven't had any replies to this. I was interested to read what it is all about as never heard of it before.

Bumping for some info!

Gorneesh

I have just found out about this years Dapper Day, If I had known sooner I would of gone that weekend but have now booked a different time, as I love any excuse to wax the old Moustache and put the tweed on.
I am also interested to hear of anyone else's experience of Dapper Day in Paris is it as big as in the US?
A link for those that don't know what Dapper Day is
http://dapperday.com/

HildeKitten

Well in any case I'll be sure to post a trip report afterwards :)

I saw some photos online of last year's Dapper Day, and I know a girl that's been at least once in the past and she is very positive about the experience so I am looking forward to it.
I don't think it's anywhere near as big in DLP as it is in the US, and California specifically, but I think it'll still be a blast :)

It is a shame though that DLP does so little effort to support and promote it really, as it's not on their events page. Even though they're not organising it themselves surely it would be a good thing for them to add it, as more exposure would end in more people booking for that weekend and coming to the park.

HildeKitten

And it starts already.
So this morning I got an email with the Dapper Day program, super cool of course:
http://dapperday.com/fall-2015-disneyland-paris

It lists Plaza Gardens, so I rang them up to book for 2.
Guess what, the lady on the phone told me that the restaurant is closed from the 21st upwards.
A friend of mine looks into it: no closure listed.
Lady on the phone is insistent it is in fact closed, no reservations are possible on the 26th, and didn't even know what Dapper Day was.
Well done DLP, well done.
Either that or the Dapper Day organisation didn't check things properly, or both of them got their wires crossed.

mickey1980

They already changed it to Silver Spur Steakhouse  ;)
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiƫsto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

HildeKitten

I know. Lucky that at least that one's open :)

HildeKitten

Just a quick note, as the river has already been drained and thus the riverboats aren't going, that particular item on the planning will be changed.
So there won't be a 5pm meet at the Riverboat, but it may still happen somewhere else.
If you're going to Dapper Day, keep an eye on their event facebook page (which you can find on the Dapper Day website) to see what's being decided.
A lot of it is in French, but FB's translate combined with google translate should help you figure it out if you don't speak French :)

True-lifeadventures

I might be a little early on this one, but I'm looking to make plans to go to the park in April, so I wanted to see if people are planning to get involved in Dapper Day this Spring?
Here's the info: http://dapperday.com/spring-2016-disneyland-paris
Click the image below to visit our Vlog channel

WDW - Sept 2013. DLP - Dec 2013. DLP - Dec 2014. DLC - May 2015. DLP - Nov 2015. DLP - Jan 2016. WDW - Sept 2016