Newbie Questions from a nervous traveller!

Started by Disneylander212, February 02, 2015, 12:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneylander212

Hi All!

I'm a newbie on this forum, but have to say I LOVE it so far!  I like to be organised and so reading other peoples questions and experiences is great. 

We are travelling from Glasgow to Paris on 2nd March for 5 nights in the New York Hotel and I have a couple of questions. 

Does anyone know the best way to get to the hotels from CDG Airport?  We'll be travelling with our 7 year old daughter and 4 year old son.  I wondered if train is the best, or if there's a shuttle bus or taxi's etc and what the costs are roughly for each.

Also, I would love to book my daughter in for the Princess Makeover at the Disneyland Hotel, does anyone know if you can book this in advance or if you go on the first day of your trip to book, are you likely to get a space?

I'm sure I will have more questions but these are the main two that I can think of at the moment!

Thanks!
:)

SUTHEL3

Hiya! The VEA shuttle (google it for website) is £34 return for an adult, probably cheaper for child. Takes you straight to your hotel front door. You should book online before you go though.

Not sure about the princess makeover but if you call up, they should be able to tell you :)

seraphelle

Hiya,

I've had the VEA for myself and husband and two girls, and I'm sure it was £120 for all 4 of us for return tickets to and from CDG. With the Princess Makeover, I can't remember the prices but you have to book in the shop in the Disneyland Hotel when you arrive, its not something you can book in advance unfortunately (or hasn't been to my knowledge).

xx
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Disneylander212

Thanks for the replies, I will look into it.  I take it they run regularly?  I'll get it booked before we go because I don't want that coming out of our spending money. 

The other thing I was going to ask about  but completely forgot was the photo pass plus thingy.  Does anyone know if you can but that online or if you go via your travel agent or where you booked your break?

Really looking forward to it - our kids don't know we're going yet, we're going to surprise them once we get to the airport! :)

norhel

I've also used Vea and was satisfied with them.
Here is the link: http://vea-shuttle.co.uk/
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

caspdex

Try a private shuttle. Usually about €120 return, picks you up in Arrivals and takes you direct to your hotel, certainly the easiest option , and usually cheaper for larger groups. With the VEA you have to wait on the bus , the go round Newport Bay, a Santa Fe, Cheyenne and Sequoia Lodge hotels before getting to HNY. We have used Ezyshuttle and ISPrestige.

amanda08

I agree with Caspdex - 4 four of you a private taxi shuttle will probably the cheapest option and is certainly the most pleasant one!

I can personally recommend Ezy Shuttle - great service everytime we have used them.

QueenLisa

Hi
I had emailed Disney about the princess for a day during our stay in June, reply is here :

Dear Mrs McMahon,

We will happy to welcome you for princess for a day.
During your stay it will be available everyday.
At the moment two packages are available for the girls between 3 years old and 12 years old:

55€ make-up and Hairstyle
110€ make-up, hairstyle and choice of one dress (except the Rapunzel Wedding dress)

To book an appointement, you need to visit The Galerie Mickey located on the second floor of the Disneyland hotel. Appointement by phone or mail are not possible.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions

Kind regards

Ezia
Galerie Mickey
Disneyland Hotel

Also you can purchase the photopass at Disneyland, I think you get 3 cards so you can split up and use them on different rides at the same time. They cost €49.99 and I can give you a voucher for €20 off if you want to pm me I'll email it to you. I've read great reviews about photopass and it looks like it's good value with the discount.

Disneylander212

Thanks for the shuttle / taxi recommendations, much appreciated.  I had been looking at trains but the airport to hotel door to door service sounds good to me!

Queenlisa I have sent you a pm :) 

So much to think about and plan, I am a massively nervous traveller so I just want to have it all planned out how we are getting there, then I can relax...a bit!

michellemumof2xx

Hi, ive also been wanting to book photopass, but was told i couldnt until we arrived! Where can you buy it from? Thanks
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

Shirley

Quote from: Disneylander212 on February 02, 2015, 02:38:53 PM
Thanks for the replies, I will look into it.  I take it they run regularly?  I'll get it booked before we go because I don't want that coming out of our spending money. 

The other thing I was going to ask about  but completely forgot was the photo pass plus thingy.  Does anyone know if you can but that online or if you go via your travel agent or where you booked your break?

Really looking forward to it - our kids don't know we're going yet, we're going to surprise them once we get to the airport! :)
Snap ;-) We are going the 10th of march. Im going with my sister her son who is 6 and my son who will turn 6 while we are there. We are also going for 5 nights and staying at hotel New York ;-) The boys don't know were going. We have planned to tell them at the Airport. We are going to let them read paris from the check in and then I have a moon pig card made for my son with a pic of Mickey Mouse and Happy Birthday we are going to Disney on it. I can't wait to see their little faces ;-)

Beltane

I recently booked a private taxi return transfer for 2 adults and 1 child via ResortHoppa for 78 pounds. That was with a  15% January discount though, but I'm pretty sure if you google there will be more discounts.  I was considering using the high speed train but it meant waiting for an hour for the next one from CDG and the VEA doesn't run at the evening time when we arrive so this was the best option for us.

http://www.resorthoppa.com/

Disneylander212

Hi Shirley, we sound like we have similar plans for visiting almost at the same time!  I can't wait to see their faces either, it will definately add to the magic!

I'll have a look into the Resorthoppa too and see what is going to be best.  Do these companies (Ezy Shuttle etc) just pick you up outside the airport or how do they work?

Can't stay off this site now, will be doing all my planning through here so I don't miss out on anything!

minnieme

Hi

We have used Always shuttle (private shuttle option) for the past 4 years and I have booked for the 5th time this year. They have been fantastic. It is roughly £115 for a return trip. They have never been late and the vehicles are very clean and new. They provide child seats if needed.

I book months in advance and my card is charged 24 hours before.

Highly recommend.

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

Keanwolf

Hi all,

Need a taxi from CDG to Disneyland. http://kiwitaxi.com/ - is it a good service?
Need a taxi from CDG to Disneyland. http://kiwitaxi.fr/ - is it a good service?