Recommend me one restaurant I have to eat at?!

Started by Rapunzelwannabe, January 18, 2015, 08:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rapunzelwannabe

Okay - most of the week we'll be eating on a budget - but, recommend me one restaurant I have to eat at!! I want to experience DisneyLand properly so wanna book at least one meal in a restaurant that'll be worth the cost. Thanks x x
Disneyland Paris - January 2015
Disneyland Hong Kong - September 2007

Queen Elsa

I loved Bistrot Chez Remy! Was by far the best meal we had whilst there and the decor is ace!!

msRavenswood

I agree with Queen Elsa, Bistrot Chez Remy all the way!

Esti

I'd recommend the Cowboy Cookout way before Chez Rémy ;)

I just went to Walt's last week and I loved it. The menu is the same price as in Chez Rémy (a few euros cheaper if you drink water), but it's beautiful (vs a few tables being cute at Chez Rémy and most being pretty common), the food is incredible (vs good food at Chez Rémy), nice views (vs no views).

This probably depends on who your waiter is, but at Walt's we never had to wait to order or get our food (even though our room was complete), while at Chez Rémy we waited so long for everything (even though it was almost empty) that we ate our bread waiting for the food (when our bread came; before that we were considering eating the table). We also had to steal the salt and pepper from another table because some tables had both, some only one of them and some none ¿?¿?

My brother said Walt's was "a fancy restaurant with delicious food", and in Chez Rémy he just said "When is our food coming"  ;)

If these two are a little expensive, from the counter service restaurants I'd say the Cowboy Cookout and Colonel Hathi's have nice food and are beautiful.

daddyof2

I'd say you should consider one of (in no particular order):
1) Walt's
2) Blue Lagoon
3) Café Mickey

Walt's was lovely the only time I've actually been there (way back in 2002). The Blue Lagoon gets some rave reports, the food sounds great and its ACTUALLY IN the Pirates of the Caribbean. I've not tried it myself, as it seems a little dark for my liking. Café Mickey has characters, and we really enjoyed lunch there back in June

Fluffymilly

Really it depends on what is the most important factor..... If you are keen on character interaction then Inventions and Auberge de Cendrillon are amazing, Cafe Mickey is fabulous for the children but the food is rarely amazing (we still go once per holiday!) If you aren't bothered about the characters then Walts and Chez Remy are fabulous places with excellent food. The menu at Chez Remy is quite limited but we loved it and my fairly fussy daughter in law said it was the best meal she'd ever had!

vampira

I'm afraid you'll gt a lot of different answers, as everybody likes different things.  ;)
I have never had a dinner with the Disney Characters, so if that's what you like, I can't help you.
My favorite restaurants so far are the Blue Lagoon and the Agrabah Cafe. Agrabah cafe isn't really expensive or "fancy", but I love the atmosphere, the food and the fact that you can eat as much as you want, as it's a buffet.
Blue Lagoon was beautiful too. It was very nice watching the POTC-boats and the food was delicious (especially if you love sea food like me!  ;D)
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

twentythingamabobs

My favourite restaurant is Inventions - the food has been delicious each time we've visited, there is a massive range of dishes to choose from and the character interaction is not to be missed! But this is all in my humble opinion of course :)