Birthday meal with a Princess – Where is Best?

Started by CH3ZZZER, January 15, 2015, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CH3ZZZER

Hello, (my first post)
We've booked the Disneyland hotel our daughter turns 5 on Saturday 8th august.
We've provisionally booked a cake and I need to make a reservation in June for the meal,
Where would you suggest is the best character experience for a little girl on her birthday.
Any advice is much appreciated thanks

DisneyRon

How much does she love her Disney Princesses? ;D

If the answer is "LOTS", then lunch at the Auberge de Cendrillon should be quite the thrill-ride for her. :D

Do keep in mind, that is an expensive place to eat at.

CH3ZZZER

hello, she does love them lots
i'm just unsure about the fancy french food!
are there no princesses at inventions?
thank you

DisneyRon

Quote from: CH3ZZZER on January 15, 2015, 03:45:18 PM
hello, she does love them lots
i'm just unsure about the fancy french food!
are there no princesses at inventions?
thank you

well the Characters at Inventions aren't scheduled as such (not visible to the guests at any rate), so you might run into a princess, there are however no guarantees.

As for the food at L'Auberge, the kids menu is relatively safe. sure it's not fries and ketchup, but it's nothing too exotic, or at least not overly so. (have a look on DLPGuide for the menu: http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/auberge-de-cendrillon/)

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: DisneyRon on January 15, 2015, 04:14:23 PM
well the Characters at Inventions aren't scheduled as such (not visible to the guests at any rate), so you might run into a princess, there are however no guarantees.

As for the food at L'Auberge, the kids menu is relatively safe. sure it's not fries and ketchup, but it's nothing too exotic, or at least not overly so. (have a look on DLPGuide for the menu: http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/auberge-de-cendrillon/)

There are no princesses at Inventions, unless the Sunday brunch of that week has some sort of Princess theme.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

CH3ZZZER

Thank you,
I will book Auberge – me & my daughter will try any food its my husband whose a fussy eater!!

DisneyRon

Quote from: CH3ZZZER on January 16, 2015, 02:15:58 PM

Thank you,
I will book Auberge – me & my daughter will try any food its my husband whose a fussy eater!!

;D Oops, my apologies for assuming it was your daughter who would be the problem. :)
Enjoy your meal at the Inn, it's usually a wonderful experience. :)

Fluffymilly

Auberge every time!! We love it and its simply magical for character interaction. Its also wonderful to escape the mad crowds for a couple of hours. All of the Starters except the soup are cold which caught us out when they changed the menu as cold roasted vegetables aren't my favourite but this last time I enjoyed them as I knew what to expect! (strange I know!!)

buzzkaye

we noted this time instead of salmon starter the children could have ham ,which was much better for my 2 6 year olds.we love this restaurant , was the best food my kids ate while there,

Coldupnorth

We have booked ADC on my wife's birthday, how can I book a cake to come during our meal?

Thanks.

CH3ZZZER

Quote from: Coldupnorth on January 19, 2015, 10:28:33 AM
We have booked ADC on my wife's birthday, how can I book a cake to come during our meal?

Thanks.

hi Coldupnorth, i booked the cake with our travel agent, and i believe the hotel will give me a voucher on arrival similar to our meal vouchers than ill just hand it in at the beginning of our meal i presume.