New York vs. Newport Bay Club

Started by Joey, January 11, 2015, 06:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey

Hi all,

I'm looking to book a 4 night break in September and for my past 3 visits, I have always stayed in Hotel New York. In the interests of saving a bit of money and varying it up slightly, I am looking into Newport Bay Club.

Do you have any thoughts or comparisons between the two? Am I going to be hugely missing out or are they actually quite similar?

Thanks! :)
Next Visit: 2015 - Hotel New York
2013 - Hotel New York
2007 - Hotel New York
2001 - Hotel New York

Disney Matt

Well I do know that the Newport Bay refurb will be completed later on this year (so someone told me online when i was looking on the official DLP website).
So it will be all sparkly & new by then.

Because i've heard from reviews that New York is starting to look tired.
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

daddyof2

Yeah, I think the HNY is due a bit of redecorating. The rooms at NPB are slightly smaller (not sure it's that noticeable) but has more rooms overall (nearly twice as many) so may have a busier feel. I personally think the HNY is great for couples - the Manhattan restaurant and New York bar are very nice. If you're just looking for a base as much as anything, NPB will likely suit you just as well

Disney Matt

Do you think they'd really close it for redecorating?
Seems extreme especially when Newport Bay has remained open.
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

daddyof2

No, I'm not sure they'd close it completely. I think they'd do a half closure at most

littlebitofpixiedust

I've stayed at them all now! And the HNY is looking tired although still love it :) NBC is lovely too but it was very busy as someone said above twice as many rooms. If you've only done one hotel you could consider sequioa? We love it but then again we love them all. I only wish we could stay at the DLH lol only done once but it's wonderful !

I think no matter where you stay you'll have a fab time, I've heard good things about admirals floor NBC and golden forest in sequioa. But havnt sampled these myself! Have fun

Joey

Thanks so much everyone. Think we're going to try the NBC on this occasion and then maybe sample the others on future visits. Sequoia Lodge sounds lovely too and I would absolutely love to stay in the Disneyland Hotel - if only Elephants could fly!
Next Visit: 2015 - Hotel New York
2013 - Hotel New York
2007 - Hotel New York
2001 - Hotel New York