BTM closed for a year

Started by sarahmumof4, January 11, 2015, 04:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahmumof4

Just seen on inside DLP that BTM is going to be closed in Nov until Dec 2016 for refurbishment :(

We love this ride and are going Dec 2015 so I'm kind of hoping that the 2016 is an error however a friend who has just been was told by a CM it's having a massive refurbishment so I'm guessing it's correct .

Has anybody had anything ? X
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

DLPWonders (Banned)

It's not an error, yes it's closing for 13 months.
A lot of things are going under a major refurbishment within the next 2 years.
It's highly needed, and everything needs to look great again for the 25th anniversary in 2017.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

sarahh83

BTM - is that big thunder mountain??
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

Joey

Quote from: sarahh83 on January 11, 2015, 05:44:38 PM
BTM - is that big thunder mountain??

It sure is.

I'm looking forward to big things if it's closed for this long! :)
Next Visit: 2015 - Hotel New York
2013 - Hotel New York
2007 - Hotel New York
2001 - Hotel New York

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: irJoey on January 11, 2015, 06:01:40 PM
It sure is.

I'm looking forward to big things if it's closed for this long! :)

Don't get your hopes up. It's more a repolish and more backstage.
For guests nothing will really change. Goes for all planned refurbs.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Zee79

Well something needs to be done. We went New Year and in the 4 days we were there we never got on it due to the constant breaking down of it. It was worse than Crush this year!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Zee79 on January 11, 2015, 06:23:23 PM
Well something needs to be done. We went New Year and in the 4 days we were there we never got on it due to the constant breaking down of it. It was worse than Crush this year!

What A LOT of people don't realise is that the breakdowns are not Disney's fault. It's the fault of the guests.
They only have 32 seconds for people to get out of the trains and for the new people to get in.
Otherwise the ride will shut down. They can't change anything about that, except taking out a train.
But that means less capacity and therefore longer queues. Which people will complain about.
If everyone would just hurry up a bit instead of acting like a bunch of turtles (excuse my rudeness) there wouldn't be as many breakdowns.

sarahmumof4

Oh well we won't be doing BTM then . Still there's plenty of other rides we love :)

We are planning a May 2017 trip so will get to ride it then .

My friend was told my the CM that it was having a massive refurb and being taken apart etc .
I guess time will tell as to what has been done x
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

never2old

I read in RadioDisneyClub (the article is in French) that they were going to make the trains bigger (as well as the platforms in the station); there will also be changes to the story (Mr Ravenswood will feature in the new story), and as was done in the US they will add an interactive queue, and maybe a single-ride queue.

The lake around BTM will be drained for more repairs, including (according to the article above) the geysers!

Not sure how accurate their predictions are, but for such a long closure I would expect more than a simple maintenance...

In any case, Frontierland will be pretty dead when all that is going on!! It will feel pretty quiet without the sound of the BTM trains going up and down....

twentythingamabobs

I think the changes to the story between BTM and The Ravenswoods is the part I am most hopeful about! I have had to (try!) to explain the link before to family/friends based on info I have gained from the forum so a clearer backstory is exciting!

msRavenswood

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on January 13, 2015, 11:53:56 AM
I think the changes to the story between BTM and The Ravenswoods is the part I am most hopeful about! I have had to (try!) to explain the link before to family/friends based on info I have gained from the forum so a clearer backstory is exciting!

Not sure which of the rumours will come true, but there will be a subtle reference to the connection between BTM and the Ravenswood family by adding the portrait of Henry Ravenswood at the queue of the ride.

Esti

If it's going to close for 13 months, I hope we'll get drones and be able to fly above the mountain when it opens.
It's pretty sad that they've let the park go to such a bad state that the park needs to be half closed for 2 years to make it fine again. I wanted to go with my family on Christmas 2015, but if half the park is closed and the prices are just as unaffordable as always, I think we'll wait a couple of years.