Payment Options

Started by Disneylander212, February 03, 2015, 02:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneylander212

Hi all,

This may be a silly question, but I wondered if Mastercard is accepted at most places within DLP?  I had planned to take around 100 euros cash, and the rest of my spending money was going to be on a credit card (just so I have the security and so I don't have to carry cash).

Thanks!

stecal

hi it is accepted in most places from what i remember,what i did last time and am doing again in 2 weeks is take a 100 euros cash and the rest of it is on a preloaded mastercard travel card and just take out  100/200 euros at a time from the cash machine at the train station.

Queen Elsa

We paid on our credit and debit cards while in Disney last year x

Disneylander212

Thanks for the replies.  I have it in my head that Visa is more readily accepted than Mastercard, but its probably not the case. 

I see you stayed at the New York Queen Elsa, was it good?  We're staying there on our trip, really looking forward to it and the closeness to the Disney Village. 

daddyof2

Be careful of the exchange rate you might get or any charges your card issuer may hit you with. Not all, but some do apparently

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Disneylander212 on February 03, 2015, 10:33:04 PM
Thanks for the replies.  I have it in my head that Visa is more readily accepted than Mastercard, but its probably not the case. 

I see you stayed at the New York Queen Elsa, was it good?  We're staying there on our trip, really looking forward to it and the closeness to the Disney Village.

Our credit cards are both MasterCard so you should be fine! You are going to need one for the Disney stores!!! 😉

The New York Hotel was lovely. The reception and concierge were so helpful and the closeness to the park was great. Think it's next in line for a refurbishment and it was starting to show signs that it's ready but it was still lovely. We are staying at Newport Bay in December, hoping we haven't made the wrong decision x

cazspence

As you are staying onsite when you check in, give your credit card details And ask for your hotel pass to be used as payment. That way you just hand over your easy pass at shops/ restaurants and pay at the end of your stay. Then you only have 1 foreign transaction. You balance can be kept an eye on you room tv. It's brilliant and saves carrying too much cash/cards we wouldn't do it any other way.

Disneylander212

Hi Cazspence, yes we are staying at the Hotel New York so will definately ask for the hotel pass to be used as payment.  Sounds good if you can pay with one foreign transaction fee at the end of the trip - great tip!  Also like that you can keep an eye on the balance on the TV, I like to know where I am!

Queen Elsa I hope the Newport Bay is good - I'm sure it will be!  Glad to hear that the staff etc are good at the New York too :)

frostie

Can this be done at any of the onsite hotels? We are staying at the Cheyenne and this sounds like a perfect plan.

cazspence