half board plus vouchers possible upgrade!

Started by annesafc, January 05, 2015, 09:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

annesafc

97 sleeps till our first DLP trip, we have booked the half board plus dining option, we plan to eat in hotel the first night and book cafe mickey another night im still researching other venues for the rest of our stay.just wondered if it is possible to ring reservations before we go and upgrade ONE of our meals to character dining at auberge de cendrillon or inventions rather than paying in full for this experience??is this possible and if so how much for the upgrade.?

daddyof2

Yes, you can reserve most restaurants regardless of what vouchers you have. When you arrive, you can tell them you wish to a) pay in full, b) redeem your vouchers or c) use your vouchers at their "face" value and pay the difference. I'm not sure what the face value of the plus vouchers is, but I think it's 30-35 euros

stecal

Hi i think you can use the voucher at face value and then pay the difference that is what i am planning on doing for a couple of my meals in february so i hope you can  :)

stifle

Quote from: annesafc on January 05, 2015, 09:23:40 AM
97 sleeps till our first DLP trip, we have booked the half board plus dining option, we plan to eat in hotel the first night and book cafe mickey another night im still researching other venues for the rest of our stay.just wondered if it is possible to ring reservations before we go and upgrade ONE of our meals to character dining at auberge de cendrillon or inventions rather than paying in full for this experience??is this possible and if so how much for the upgrade.?
You can certainly ring and reserve in advance (and should) but you cannot upgrade only one of your vouchers. All the vouchers must be the same for the entire party. You can instead use the vouchers at cash value in part payment for your character dining experience. Adult vouchers are worth €33 and child vouchers are worth €15, which covers around half the cost. You pay the rest in cash (or credit card, easy pass etc.) on the day.

It's better value, mind you, to pay for character dining in full in cash and use your vouchers where they're accepted for set menus. You can eke out more value that way, especially if you'll eat in table service locations on your arrival and departure days.

2anddone

Does this mean if I book Auberge dec Cendrillon for one of our days and pay cash I could have a meal using our meal vouchers on our last day before getting the Eurostar? Tia

annesafc

thanks for advice

2anddone from the info ive read on here and elsewhere you are better off cashing in one of your days vouchers and putting it towards auberge de cendrillon....this is what i intend to do..for example we are a family of 2adults 2children. half board plus works out at 33euro per adult and 15euro per child =96euros in total. auberge de cendrillon would cost 172 euros for our family if i booked without vouchers. so if i cashed in my vouchers (96euro) id only have to pay 76 euros for the experience....i hope this makes sense and is the correct info.

stifle

Quote from: 2anddone on January 06, 2015, 12:11:05 PM
Does this mean if I book Auberge dec Cendrillon for one of our days and pay cash I could have a meal using our meal vouchers on our last day before getting the Eurostar? Tia
Yes that's right. The vouchers are valid from your check in day to your check out day but you only get one (or two if FB) voucher per person per night. So if you are there for most of the day on your departure and arrival days you'll be short one voucher.

stifle

Quote from: annesafc on January 06, 2015, 12:35:25 PM
thanks for advice

2anddone from the info ive read on here and elsewhere you are better off cashing in one of your days vouchers and putting it towards auberge de cendrillon....this is what i intend to do..for example we are a family of 2adults 2children. half board plus works out at 33euro per adult and 15euro per child =96euros in total. auberge de cendrillon would cost 172 euros for our family if i booked without vouchers. so if i cashed in my vouchers (96euro) id only have to pay 76 euros for the experience....i hope this makes sense and is the correct info.
That doesn't reflect the opportunity cost of the vouchers though. If you're eating a main meal every day you could use the vouchers that are worth €96 at Auberge de Cendrillon to instead get around €120 worth of food at Walt's or Bistrot Chez Rémy or the like.

2anddone

I am half board standard as I am staying in Cheyenne and booked when the free half board offer was on. Does anyone know if I can upgrade to half board plus as am also considering upgrading to sequoia lodge too. There is just myself and 2dc can anyone tell me how much face value of half board standard would be please. We go in March dc don't know yet I am getting so excited and LOVE this forum  :)

stifle

Disneyland will be only too willing to take more money from you at any time ;) Yes you can upgrade but only over the phone, and your new price will be based on the offers in effect now.

Face value of HB Standard coupons is €26 adult €13 child. They are good for an all you can eat buffet plus soft drink in Café Agrabah, Buzz's Pizza Planet, La Cantina, Chuck Wagon Café, Restaurant des Stars, Plaza Gardens, or The Grange.