Going for christmas!!!

Started by mimilou, December 22, 2014, 10:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mimilou

Hi all we're going to disneyland christmas eve till 28th. Never been around Christmas before so wondered if anyone could give any tips on good times to do/see things,  events going on etc? My littlest girl is 4 and obsessed with princesses especially ariel. Does anyone know where we can meet her? Tried to book the princess restaurant but couldn't get in :( any tip's would be great!!!! Thanks xxx

littlebitofpixiedust

Hey! First of I hope you will have a wonderful time! Sure you will  :)

I have never been over Christmas only Christmas season, but It will be very busy. With regards to Ariel we met her in the studios park at the stars in cars meet they do  times vary so you will have to check on the programme when you get there or ask in either studio services (studio park) or ( city hall) main park. As far as I'm aware character meets vary so can't be sure she will be there! But we saw Ariel in sept.
Inventions/cafe mickey (Pre-book) if possible! Do character dining also but again characters vary. We love inventions!

Princess pravillion will be manic, and it's elsa and Anna this season. We we're there one week ago and the que time was 180minutes in the board we didn't attempt it. So I can imagine wait times will be even longer over the holiday period.

Make use of extra magic hours if your staying in a Disney hotel from 8am, not all rides are open. But you can meet mickey/Minnie and some other characters in this time in the parks. Fantasyland rides will be open (some of them) ones that were open one week ago were Peter pans flight (do first!) dumbo, tea cups, carousel de Lancelot.
In discoveryland, buzz lighthyears later blast, orbitrion, and space mountain (not for small children)

Contrary to what people say you CAN take snacks/drinks into the parks. We have been to Disney 2-3 times a year for last 7 years and have done so each time. This saves valuable time Queing for drinks and food, and whilst Queing you can have a snack/drink to maximise time especially in peak periods.

I'd recommend also that you Pre-book your dining if possible as it will be busy at most reastaurants too.

Disney dreams is amazing! A must see but you need to be there early (castle, light and firework show) on our last visit we got there 30 min before and it was packed even then. So even early on your visit I'd suggest.

You can use the free fast pass service also. When the parks are at the busiest (middle of the day) I'd head over to the studio park and do some of the shows they are fantastic don't miss playhouse Disney, animagique, cinemagique, stitch live and the car stunt show. They're all great!

Hope I've helped and I look forward to hearing about your trip here when your back! Enjoy  :)