Travelling to Disney from Gare du Nord...HELP please : )

Started by Shall80, December 15, 2014, 02:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shall80

Afternoon All,

I'm just trying to sort the last few details of our upcoming New Years trip to Disney. We've stayed before but always flown and had a private transfer from the airport (usually around 140/50 euro return) as we've found this easiest being a family of 5 with buggies and hand luggage.

This year I'm open to options...Not sure whether to get the RER or a transfer. We won't have a buggy and will also have (hopefully) just one larger piece of luggage, BUT I really don't know where to begin. I get confused easily haha and don't deal well with having to remember lots!

Also, there's no mention on my Eurostar booking about a change at Lille...Does anyone know if this is right as everyone always mentions a change?

Any help greatly appreciated Xx ;D

DisneyRon

One question in return then. ;) As it'll make answering much easier for the others.

Did you book the Eurostar to Disneyland Paris directly, or are you changing to other forms of transport at Charles de Gaulle? Because both are possible as far as I'm aware.

If you're changing over at CDG, then there's plenty of options, by RER will take a while, at least an hour I'd imagine, but once you're on the right train (and I believe RER A starts at CDG) then you can just stay seated until it rolls into Marne-la-Vallée, Chessy. :)

No idea on the transfers, but I imagine that'll be a fair bit more expensive than by RER.

Shall80

Thanks DisneyRon  ;D

We booked the Eurostar to Gare du Nord...I've just found a really informative write up on the internet after I'd posted...Not sure if I can add a link? If I can I'll add it as it may help others.

I've opted for the RER. Think I get the RER B, followed by the RER A and it takes approx. 45-50 mins. I don't know if private transfers would be any faster but its going to cost a fraction of what it would have cost me  ;D xx

DisneyRon

I know, while I'm not from the UK, I do know the RER route from Gare du Nord to DLP quite well, when I take the Thalys from the Netherlands to Paris I arrive at the same station, and it's indeed a breeze to get to DLP from there.

Just keep one thing in mind, when you switch from the RER B to the RER A at Chatelet-Les Halles you have two options, either you run to the other side of the platform to grab the RER A that arrives at exactly the same moment your RER B does, or you wait a few minutes for the next one. ;)
If you're alone like me, it's perfectly doable to catch that connection, if you're with more, I recommend waiting those few minutes to grab the next one.

DisneyfanGermany

Hey,

we are arriving at Gare du Nord everytime. We take the Metro (green line D, direction 'Melun' and (i am not sure about the following) 'Malherbes') one station to 'Châtelet Les Halles'. There, we change trains to line A (direction 'Marne la Vallee / Chessy'). It is indeed a 45 minute ride but i think this is okay for a 32km distance 😁

Pay attention when you go on line A - it is often not clear which line is arriving (there are 2). Look at what is weitten on the train.

And, it is quiet annoying with baggage.. There are normal 'doors' and 'doors' for persons with baggage. Once the door opens, you go in and wait until the door closes. Then you put yout ticket. Then you have to wait until a voice counts from 5 or 3 to 0. Then your 'door' opens. It takes a bit time until the 'door' opens for the next one.
I am just saying that because everytime i see dozens of people who get afraid inbetween these 'doors'.
Disneyland Paris: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (Jan.), 2014 (March), 2014 (July), 2014 (Oct.), 2015 (Jan.)
Walt Disney World: 2004
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2014 (April)

future visits: Walt Disney World (July 2015)

Instagram: marc_leder
Instagram: disneyland_paris_photos

other theme park visits: Universal Singapore, Movie Park Germany, Legoland Germany, Fort Fun, and many others!