Auberge de Cendrillon

Started by belle, March 31, 2007, 10:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessica-loves-disney

Quote from: "tubbsy"
Quote from: "JelleP"Great news! Actually, everything that is being refurbished is an improvement, but I'm still waiting for the Pirate Ship... :roll:
Me too-poor pirate ship  :(
Auberge is looking good!  :thumbs: C'mon refurb get to the Pirate Ship!
Prices arent up to date and is still listing the shoe
http://magicalkingdoms.com/dlp/menus/auberge.html
Whoever goes next can you find an updated price please?  :lol:

according to central plaza, in february of this year it was 59,20€ for an adult and 24,80€ for a child.
edit: the slipper was also still listed too!
September 2010 - Santa Fe
our first holiday together (:

July 2011 - Seqouia Lodge
taking advantage of 45% off (:

davewasbaloo

Those are the prices, though remember it also includes 7 photographs with Cinderella too.

The slipper as was is not on there, but there is a smaller white chocolate one still on the desert platter. On my recent trip report, I have put in a description and pictures of the experience. Although a lot of people take their precious little princesses, like we did for our 5 year old's birthday, it is still a good experience for adults too. My wife and I used to eat here all the time before they went to the new set up.

Please be advised there is now only a non alcoholic cocktail option too, so that is another little change.

Here is the extract from my trip report for other readers if it is useful:

We high tailed it over to Fantasyland for Jessica's surprise treat at 3pm. We had dinner reservations at Auberge De Cindrillon. We always used to adore dining in this fine french restaurant, but they introduced the new character experience with the €59 ($90) per adult €24 ($36) per kid menu a few years ago that put us off. But the kids are growing up fast and Jessica is Cinderella mad, so we went for it. And I am really glad we did.

As we entered, Cinderella greeted the children and wished Jessica a very special birthday. They had their photos taken and 7 prints were delivered (included in the price) at the end of the meal. We were then shown to our table, and had a wonderful cast member who saw to our every need (including seamless service when Mikey knocked mama's wine all over her and her dinner - within 5 mins there were fresh linens, a new dish with fresh food and a new glass of wine - with discretion and a smile, as well as a wonderful way with children).

We were served with our non alcoholic cocktails and garlic prawns when we arrived at our table, the children opted for milk. Then shortly thereafter the herald announced the arrival of Belle and her Prince (also joined by princess Aurora, Ariel and the mice of Cinderella). They came in and next to our table, Beauty and the Beast waltzed. I know it sounds precious, but it was lovely, and Jess was star struck. We had meet and greets, and when they were done, the starters were served (kudos to DLP on this one, most character meals are annoying as the food is interrupted by the characters, but not in this case).

The meal I am pleased to say was of a high quality. The kids started with a medley of salmon mouse, garlic and tomato tartar, and a buffalo mozzarella and tomato kebab. We had smoked salmon, the tomato tartar and pate fois gras with fresh bread and D'Isgny (yes, where Walt's family are from) butter.

There was a choice of white, rose or red wine included with the meal, we opted for the red which had quite a good bouquet.

For the main course, the children had parma ham mickey raviolli and a tomato and basil sauce. It was very good. Sarah had opted for lamb with potatoes au gratin and veggies; and I had the sublime veal with the au gratin and veggies. It was excellent.

Then on to another surprise. Jessica looked disappointed whenever another table had a birthday wish. What nobody, including Sarah knew, was I had arranged for a cake. To ensure discretion, I had made arrangements in French so the family did not know it was coming.

So after the meal, about 8 cast members, plus Ariel, Belle and the Beast came to our table singing happy birthday with hugs and kisses for Jess. She and Sarah were overwhelmed (and I must confess my eyes misted up a little too). Even Mike enjoyed it.

The chocolate cake had a white chocolate tablet where it said in French "Happy Birthday Jessica". So great.

So dessert consisted of for the kids - a candy floss strawberry milkshake, sorbet cone, a white chocolate Cinderella slipper and birthday cake. For the adults we had the cake, a raspberry tart, a chocolate, apricot and chantilly cake, and a pistachio mouse. Sublime. We followed up with coffee and petit fours. It was wonderful, and testament that DLP does offer some of the best dining experiences in a MK park.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... edca3dc184
since 2001 (many before that)

Symmo

Does anyone know when the refurb will be finished ?
We are booked in next week and just wondered of the front will still be covered ????
Thanks for any info in advance...
Symmo
:stitch_bounce:Next DLRP Visit[/color] \":stitch_bounce:\"
December 2010 - Newport Bay Club (Xmas trip)

Kristof

Currently only that side of the building is planned for refurbishment.

You can really tell a difference in colour.  I'll post a photo when I get home from work.

Festival Disney

The fences have come down!  :)

Another job very well done to DLP!  :thumbs:
Source: http://www.disneygazette.fr/fin-rehabil ... s-387.html
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

luke85

Wow, the fountain area looks beautiful!

Laura678

It looks fantastic!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]