Distance from Cheyenne to the park?

Started by kirstyf, October 22, 2014, 04:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirstyf

Hi, how long does it take to walk from Disney village to Cheyenne? We have stayed at New York twice now, and the walk to the start of the village was about 2 minutes! Also, is the Cheyenne a nice hotel, and do all the rooms have bunk beds? Thanks x

princessmya

hi
I have stayed at the santa fe which I think is just as far as the cheyanne only on the other side of the river, so I would say its about  10 min tops, ive not stayed at cheyanne but will be in 3 weeks I cant wait I think all rooms have double bed and bunk beds hope this helps and have a fab time x

loulou169

We stayed at the Cheyenne in April and walked back.  Once u walk past HNY it's about 6-7 minutes if that! I was shocked at how quick the walk is from the village to Cheyenne.  It's a lovely walk as well, first along the lake then along the river. I was lucky, my room was furthest from the reception but right next to the path leading you to the river for the walk to the parks! I would defo recondite it that way!
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

Esti

It's 5-10 minutes from the NY-Disney Village, 15 from the parks. It is a nice walk, very quiet. I guess that if you've spent all day long in the parks and it's cold, it might be better to just take the bus. But on the morning or afternoon, it is very nice :)

kirstyf

Thanks for your replies. Where do you get the buses from to go back to the hotels? Are they pretty frequent? We cant decide between Cheyenne and Newport Bay!

Zee79

The buses leave from the station, just as you leave the village and then stop outside the hotel. If leaving the park at closing times then buses are normally very busy so would just recommend the walk. We have walked in all weathers and as long as you are dressed for it the walk is fine even in cold weather.

littlebitofpixiedust

Totally agree with zee on the buses. I would not recommend it at all people push and shove too it really does dampen the Disney experience in my opinion it's to busy and chaotic for my liking.
We've stayed at the Cheyenne numerous times in the past and we walk every time it's much more pleasant even in the rain and besides I don't think time wise theres much difference walking than waiting for bus?

Every time we've stayed in Cheyenne there is a double and bunk beds but I love the bunkbeds lol I share the bottom bunk with my 6 year old its plenty big enough. He loves it :) and if you wonder why we share a bed it's because he has disabilities and no awareness of rolling out. I like the Cheyenne Newport bay is lovely too but I like them all!
We're going Cheyenne next trip. You'll enjoy wherever you decide to stay I'm sure

kirstyf

Thanks for your replies. It is the bunk beds that is swaying me towards Cheyenne, as my 2 girls haven't slept well sharing the double bed on our two previous trips! It is only the extra distance that is putting me off!

littlebitofpixiedust

It's also cheaper! :)
But seriously I wouldn't let it put you of it really isn't that far and I don't know if you no about the garage near the Santa fe wich is opposite the Cheyenne but its ideal to nip over stock up on any essentials and from what I remember a lot cheaper to get bottled water ect

andrew@magicaldlp

I have stayed at the Cheyenne at least 10 times. I used to get the shuttle bus but I always walk it now. Depending on how fast you walk it is only 5-10 mins away from Disney Village. By walking the security check into the resort is very quick. By using the shuttle bus you would have to wait longer at security.
Massive Disneyland Paris fan and owner of Magical Disneyland Paris - www.magicaldlp.co.uk

gingajen

We stayed at the Cheyenne this February and walked it to and from the parks everyday bar one morning when we got up late. The journey to the park in the morning was fine on the bus, but there is no way i'd attempt to get on those buses at the end of the day after Dreams. If you've got a pushchair, then it's even worse. It's a lovely walk back to the hotel and you get back to your room ready for a good nights sleep rather than wound up and stressed out after a super busy bus ride!

RockNRoller

I'd walk it, as people have said it doesn't take that long but just once use the bus. You'll see a side of the hotel you probably wouldn't normally
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"