Want money back from your DLP booking?

Started by neeyore, October 21, 2014, 07:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neeyore

hi all,

apologies if this has been posted before but just wanted to let you know about using kidstart to get money back on your bookings with disneyland paris.

Kidstart is a scheme which allows you to get money back for your kids from your online purchases. Most big retailers are registered participants of the scheme, including disneylandparis. Here's how it works:
simply go to kidstart.co.uk, create an account by registering your details including a set of bank account details where funds can be transferred to once you have received your money back into your 'kiddybank'.

They have an extensive list of retailers and merchants who are participants, the percentage of money you get back from your total spend varies from retailer to retailer. I think disneyland is currently 4%.

The key is when you're ready to make an order or purchase online you go to the kidstart website, log in and find the name of the website/retailer you wish to purchase from. It will tell you what percentage you get back from your spend. You will need to use the given link to connect to the retailer website. If you don't use the link the purchase cannot be linked to your kidstart account.

For those of you who arent familiar with it, it may sound complicated but its actually incredibly straightforward - I've earned back almost £17 from my booking with DLP, £8 from separate bookings through hotels.com and £3 from my Airfrance flight booking.
It can take between 2 and 5 months for the cash to be paid by the retailer into your 'kiddybank' but given that most of the time we spend money online without expecting returns anyway, it's worth the wait.

I'm in no way affiliated with nor trying to 'promote' kidstart - just thought it was worth letting people who are planning to book packages online with DLP, or who regularly book holidays with DLP, know that you can get money back on your bookings.

Hope this is of use to some of you   :)

DLPWonders (Banned)

No offense to anyone, but I get sick to my stomach when I even think about doing something like that.
If you find your Disney trip too expensive, don't book it. The price is there for a reason.
If you feel the need to use such a scheme thing to get a few lousy pounds back...you shouldn't have booked it in the first place.
I would never ever use something like this to rip a company like DLP off. That place means way too much to me.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

neeyore

Quote from: DLRPWonders on October 21, 2014, 07:18:31 PM
No offense to anyone, but I get sick to my stomach when I even think about doing something like that.
If you find your Disney trip too expensive, don't book it. The price is there for a reason.
If you feel the need to use such a scheme thing to get a few lousy pounds back...you shouldn't have booked it in the first place.
I would never ever use something like this to rip a company like DLP off. That place means way too much to me.

Erm...I didn't say anything about finding my disneyland package too expensive.

For me personally it's not that I 'feel a need' to use it, but its an option out there being made available, so why not? It's absolutely no different to when a company or retailer offers you an incentive to spend with them via discount codes, coupons or special offers - you're just saving a little in a different way.

I am going to openly contest your comment of 'ripping off' DLP though - I find that insinuation thoroughly insulting. Retailers and companies CHOOSE to sign up to these schemes, they do so of their own volition because it is one more marketing strategy to encourage customers to spend. If a company as big as DLP were not happy about being part of kidstart or any other similar scheme I have no doubt they would be clear on voicing it.

To each his own opinion, I respect that you don't like these schemes but it's a shame that you seem to think only people who aren't prepared to use them are deserving of disney magic.

polar vixen

Booked our lat holiday through top cashback whose rate was 8.2%! That gave us An extra £90 towards spending money, it was brill!

Esti

I guess you don't but AP's either, even if they are cheaper in your case, because you love Disney too much. And if buying an AP is more expensive in your case, I guess you buy it, because you love Disney too much.

If DLP decides to give people a discount, or participate in this kind of offer, I don't see the problem. It's the company's choice, and customers shouldn't be ashamed of using it, just like I'm not ashamed of using my AP discount when I go to restaurants or of getting a day free at the parks with an offer from DLP's web page.

Anyone can give their money away to DLP or take advantage of offers.

cazspence

I think you have completely misunderstood what this is!  It's like using a cashback site, like top cashback or quidco. Or even an employers incentive scheme like my work provides. You go through them first  and they get "commission" from said company eg dlp for "recommending" you, but that commission is then passed back to you as a bonus. I always use topcashback when I buy things online. Why on earth not, I'm buying something I would have been buying anyway and I'm also gaining a few quid back as a bonus. Last 6 months I have earned almost £200 in cashback only buying what I was going to by anyway. It's nowhere in the world ripping anyone off!
::)

Gemma W

Wish I had known about this before we booked! Never thought to look for a cash back site to go through when booking but will def be doing if we book to go again! Thanks for posting! Every little helps! these days!