How many nights for first visit

Started by sewpollyesther, October 21, 2014, 02:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sewpollyesther

How many nights would you recommend for a first visit (the children's first not ours - although it's been a while, I was a Cast Member in 1999 for a Summer...)

Children will be 3 3/4, almost 6 and 7 1/2 ... Planning to stay in NPB and most likely during the Christmas holidays so expecting it to be busy...

msRavenswood

I'd suggest three days at least to be able to fully explore the parks.

sewpollyesther

I should have added we are thinking 4 or 5, but could be swayed to 3 or 6 if people think it would be too much/not enough. We're expecting to spend time hanging out in the hotel pool etc. but probably won't venture into Paris on this trip.

msRavenswood

We always go for 5 days, but in the end it's never enough!  ;D

andrewuk

It will be really busy at Christmas so I would plan to hit the parks in the mornings, make use of EMH, and go back to the hotel in the afternoon when the queues will be horrendous. Head back to the Disneyland Park in the evening for multiple rides on Pirates and PM, which will be a walk on by then. As you'll be losing a big part of the day either at the hotel or queuing, more nights would be better.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

gemma2806

My advice for any first time visit, go for as long as you can afford!  I would suggest a 4 night/ 5 day or 5 night/ 6 day stay. Best times would be Sunday to Thursday or Friday. I have been for longer stays but given the time of year and the number of people going I would go for 4 or 5 nights    :D

Queen Elsa

We did our first trip in September with our 3 1/2 year old and 15 month old. We had 4 nights, 5 days and it was great! Just the right amount of time for the kids although hubby and I could quite easily have stayed longer!!! X

Sonyak3

Our first trip was 3 nites 4 days and found it ok but no time for a bit of rest..2nd time we went d same with our 2 year old in November and it was enough as we were doin things more for him than ourselves so that cut out sum shows and rides and it was perfect.this time we r goin 4 nites 5 days with our 2 kids 7 and 3 and hopin we will have enough time for evrything as we will want to do all rides and shows with 7 year old and then obviously the bits for d 3 year old aswell...

julesk

I'd say 5 days, 4 nights is just perfect and do your homework before you go. This forum is the best place to find everything you need. First two times we went, we missed loads but with a little work you go make it the most amazing holiday ever. Have a great time  ;D

sewpollyesther

thanks guys :) Booked 6 nights...  :o feeling a bit greedy

DisneyRon

Quote from: sewpollyesther on October 23, 2014, 04:13:37 PM
thanks guys :) Booked 6 nights...  :o feeling a bit greedy

Not exactly greedy, but 7 days in the parks means that you can do them at a much more leisurely pace. ;D

andrew@magicaldlp

Quote from: sewpollyesther on October 21, 2014, 02:26:16 PM
How many nights would you recommend for a first visit (the children's first not ours - although it's been a while, I was a Cast Member in 1999 for a Summer...)

Children will be 3 3/4, almost 6 and 7 1/2 ... Planning to stay in NPB and most likely during the Christmas holidays so expecting it to be busy...

In May  I stayed for 5 nights with my wife and 18 month old son! I wish we stayed for longer.
Massive Disneyland Paris fan and owner of Magical Disneyland Paris - www.magicaldlp.co.uk