Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpop

Quote from: "Anthony"If you put in your application ASAP, you should get the card in time. I sent mine by online fax at the very end of March and received the new card towards the end of May, so they aren't lying when they say 6 weeks!

Lying is a bit strong isn't it, Anthony?
I would like to think this is more about exceeding expectations. If it came after 8 weeks you'd be cursing them.

Clarebelle

We too bought our shares begining of March (sent our application by fax also) and didnt recieve our card until a couple of weeks ago :roll: if you need a temporary card they will be happy to send you one
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Willow

Halifax have no charges on buying shares this week. Until Friday 12th June 2009.

Not sure if its for existing customers or also for new customers.

I am planning on taking advantage of this offer.

Anthony

Quote from: "Alpop"
Quote from: "Anthony"If you put in your application ASAP, you should get the card in time. I sent mine by online fax at the very end of March and received the new card towards the end of May, so they aren't lying when they say 6 weeks!
Lying is a bit strong isn't it, Anthony?
I would like to think this is more about exceeding expectations. If it came after 8 weeks you'd be cursing them.
Huh?! It's a turn of phrase, maybe you misread. If anyone happened to think the quite lengthy "six weeks" they quote is just plucked from thin air to guard their backs, no - it does actually take pretty much exactly that long. So if you want to receive a card before you go, best apply 2 months ahead. (Although as Clarebelle says you can get a cover letter sent through which lets you claim any discounts/privileges before then, which is nice of them)

Quote from: "Willow"Halifax have no charges on buying shares this week. Until Friday 12th June 2009.
I think it is for everyone, so yes - if you're in the UK thinking about Euro Disney shares, this is the week!

Info: http://www.halifax.co.uk/sharedealing/P ... ethsdlspon

mommy2ash

anybody have any tips on buying shares from ireland i have tried my bank boi and they dont do them.
Santa Fe Oct 08
Santa Fe Feb 09
Santa Fe/Sequioa Lodge Nov 09

Javey74

Well after a little bit of hassle getting my Halifax Share Dealing account opened, I'm now the proud owner of 20 New Shares, and I've just sent my Shareholders Club Application online/fax to obtain my shareholders card..  :D/  :D/  :D/

What a day to remember when I got them, right on Donald's Birthday..  :D

Javey74

I've also just released that when my shareholders card eventually arrives, I can get 10% off in any of the Disney Stores aswell..  :D/  :D/  :D/

Alpop

Quote from: "Javey74"I've also just released that when my shareholders card eventually arrives, I can get 10% off in any of the Disney Stores aswell..  :D/  :D/  :D/

My experience with using the card at the Metro Centre (before the refit) was that they had to double check with a store manager before they would offer any discount. When they came back they asked me "what sort of discount does this give you?".

So although it does work, be prepared to stand up for your discount.

Clarebelle

In the London Stores we have had no problem, they obviously have seen a few of them. In Norwich we now know most of the staff quite well, so they are kind of getting the hang of it, but it has got to the point where the CMs actually ask us how they put our discount through :shock:  :shock: They need to build a branch in King's Lynn, I'm looking for a new job  :lol:
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Javey74

Quote from: "Alpop"
Quote from: "Javey74"I've also just released that when my shareholders card eventually arrives, I can get 10% off in any of the Disney Stores aswell..  :D/  :D/  :D/

My experience with using the card at the Metro Centre (before the refit) was that they had to double check with a store manager before they would offer any discount. When they came back they asked me "what sort of discount does this give you?".

So although it does work, be prepared to stand up for your discount.
Off talking to Victoria about it on my last visit, she said they actually put it through as the "Magic Kingdom" discount key on the till, which reads as 10%..  :mrgreen:

Eeeeeee, what would I do without Victoria...  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Javey74

Can someone help me here, curiosity has got the better of me... :-k

Anyone out there with a Halifax Sharedealing account.  I was just wondering if I was to purchase more Euro Disney S.C.A shares, the line on my account that shows your shares being held with the valuation, on the end it's got 3 icons: Buy/Sell and the chart which displays the currect price.

Well if I clicked on buy, and for arguments sake bought another 5 new shares, would it produce a new line underneath or would it just add the 5 new shares to my already existing 20 shares, so then read 25.  So if I then went to print out the shares contract, instead of showing 20 it would show 25.  Or would it produce a new line with the new 5 shares showing separate..  :?:

My reason of asking is to do with the Shareholders card being valid for 2 years, but in order not to pay the admin fee on renewal you need to have bought at least another 5 new shares and send your certificate proving it.  So if it is just on one sheet with a new figure, would it have two seperate dates, one from my initial purchase and one for my new one, or would it just have one date on it from my more recent purchase.  Or would it be another contract certificate altogether only showing my 5 new shares..  :?:

This being the case would I only need to fax the new contract certificate proving the purchase of 5 new shares after the original date of my first lot, or would I need to fax both of them, one of which they should already have a copy of to get the card in the first place..  :?:

Now if you understand all off that your doing well..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Anyone help..  [-o<

DisneyAlba

Sorry Javey, I can't help out on your original question, but to be honest I don't think your premise is correct:

Quote from: "Javey74"My reason of asking is to do with the Shareholders card being valid for 2 years, but in order not to pay the admin fee on renewal you need to have bought at least another 5 new shares and send your certificate proving it.

Where did you get this from? As far as I know this is incorrect. This is what the shareholders website says:

QuoteTo renew your membership to the Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders Club, you need to hold at least 5 new Euro Disney S.C.A. shares (ISIN Code: FR0010540740) or 500 old Euro Disney S.C.A. shares (ISIN Code: FR0000125874).

If you meet this requirement, complete the online renewal form and mail or fax recent proof of your position as a shareholder (for example: bank account, contract note, certificate from your financial intermediary, ...). Please note that electronic prints of online statements are not accepted.

Shareholders who own between 5 and 20 new shares (or between 500 and 2,000 old shares) will also need to send a 2-year administration fee of €30.

If you hold 20 new shares (or 2,000 old shares) and more, you do not need to pay any administration fee.

With 5 "new" shares they just mean "new style" shares, i.e. after the consolidation (compare with the 500 "old" shares). They don't mean that you need to have purchased new shares since first joining the club! It clearly states that no fee is required if you hold 20 shares - exactly the same as when you first joined up.
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Willow

So, for example, you bought 5 shares yesterday. And then today you bought another 5 shares. Your account would show that you have 10 shares.

So all shares for the same company are on the same line, regardless of when you bought them.

Hope that makes sense!  :)

Javey74

Quote from: "Willow"So, for example, you bought 5 shares yesterday. And then today you bought another 5 shares. Your account would show that you have 10 shares.

So all shares for the same company are on the same line, regardless of when you bought them.

Hope that makes sense!  :)

That will do me Willow for the first question..  :wink:

Funny thing is I would have found out anyway in time, it's just I couldn't wait to see what would happen..  :lol:

Thanks for that..  :D

As for DisneyAlba's point....

I can see your view, it all comes down to the interpretation of the word 'New'. I know the general term 'New' is the new type of share consolidation, as you say 2000 old shares = 20 new ones.  But for some reason to me it meant 5 new shares, as in at least 5 more than your original amount, in my case 20. My main reason for thinking this is that ED S.C.A would not gain any more money from people with 20 shares or more year in year out, it seemed to make sense, even to the point of ED S.C.A being clever as it would cost you less than the admin fee (€30.00) to buy 5 new shares anyway, so it's encouraging you to buy some more over a 2 year period. It would cost you more paying the admin fee over a 6 year period [€90.00], if you had less that 20 New Shares in that time.  Didn't make much sense that's all.  They have got to make more money on the vast majority who will have 20 + New Shares. It's probably me just being sceptic with terminology, in a way I hope you are right. Mmmmmm.. :-k

Maybe someone who has already done this could respond at this point, someone who has used the same certificate every two years..  :?

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "Javey74"I can see your view, it all comes down to the interpretation of the word 'New'. I know the general term 'New' is the new type of share consolidation, as you say 2000 old shares = 20 new ones.  But for some reason to me it meant 5 new shares, as in at least 5 more than your original amount, in my case 20. My main reason for thinking this is that ED S.C.A would not gain any more money from people with 20 shares or more year in year out, it seemed to make sense, even to the point of ED S.C.A being clever as it would cost you less than the admin fee (€30.00) to buy 5 new shares anyway, so it's encouraging you to buy some more over a 2 year period. It would cost you more paying the admin fee over a 6 year period [€90.00], if you had less that 20 New Shares in that time.  Didn't make much sense that's all.  They have got to make more money on the vast majority who will have 20 + New Shares. It's probably me just being sceptic with terminology, in a way I hope you are right. Mmmmmm.. :-k

I fully understand your reasoning that Euro Disney S.C.A. would want to encourage people to invest more. :) However, it's the grammar that makes me stand by my view:

QuoteTo renew your membership to the Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders Club, you need to hold at least 5 new Euro Disney S.C.A. shares (ISIN Code: FR0010540740) or 500 old Euro Disney S.C.A. shares (ISIN Code: FR0000125874).

If they meant "new since first joining", they would have had to write something like "5 new 'new' shares or 500 new 'old' shares". As it is, they are just referring to the total amount of shares you hold, with no mention to an amendment since first joining. If they meant anything otherwise, their sentence would be incorrect.

Furthermore, EuroDisney's meaning can be inferred from what follows:

QuoteShareholders who own between 5 and 20 new shares (or between 500 and 2,000 old shares) will also need to send a 2-year administration fee of €30.

If you hold 20 new shares (or 2,000 old shares) and more, you do not need to pay any administration fee.

It would be illogical if the meaning of "new" in the first paragraph were different than it is here in these paragraphs, and in these latter paragraphs they clearly do not mean "new since first joining" (or else the math would be wrong).

Hope this helps clearing things up!  :)
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.