Hotel New York or Golden Forest lake view room at Sequoia lodge

Started by Tinkerbell77, November 14, 2014, 02:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkerbell77

Hi.I'm planning our first trip and have so many questions...  :o

Would anyone recommend one of these over the other? Hotel New York or Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest room. We are travelling with 2 small children and a baby.

Any advice greatly welcomed!

Ceh

Visited NY multiple times but right now I'm back from Sequia Lodge GF and I would suggest Golden Forest.
The renovated rooms are wonderful, Sequia Lodge has a very beautiful setting (although the NY lobby is amazing as well). The private lobby,extra hotelfastpasses and GF Lounge are very nice perks. I'd say GF has slightly better breakfast as well, but the differences won't be big. GF Lounge > standard NY breakfast room though.
I think children will prefer the setting of Sequia Lodge also.

hawian rollercoaster

Do you have any gf pictures to share ? Did you have a balcony ?

Ceh

No balcony, I think only the rooms at the sides have a balcony (if any). And I'm afraid I do not have any pictures of the room but you can find them online, Freshly renovated, and it shows, all sparkling new. Whereas New York really had some wear and tear last year.

daddyof2

I've just booked GFC for next October, first time there. We stayed at HNY in June this year, and there was nothing at all that I can complain about - yes, its showing signs of wear and tear but we all know how much punishment those hotels go through.

carrydee44

We have stayed in all the hotels bar the sequoia lodge so this year to finish the cycle we have got a great deal on a gf room so will post when am back am going the 7 Jan to 9th Jan  so looking forward to this.  18th Trip for my daughters 18 birthday...time flys
Hotel Ny 1998
Newport bay Jan 2006
Santa fe    oct 2006
Disneyland hotel jan 2008
Newport Bay oct 2008
Cheyenne Jan 2009
Cheyenne Sept 2009
Newport Bay November 2010
New York Oct 2011
Cheyenne November 2012
New York Oct 2013
Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Jan 2015