Disneyland Paris, also for grown up kids - new promo video

Started by Anthony, October 08, 2014, 06:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

A fantastic new promotional video has launched today, take a look:

• DLP Today — 'Also for grown up kids': Disneyland Paris finally discovers the adult traveller

I can't count the amount of times we've discussed Disneyland Paris advertising to the adult or "without kids" market on this forum over the years, so this is surely a huge step in right direction?

norhel

It's nice. And my first thought is that it's more like an home made video thing.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

DisneyRon

They were actually busy shooting that while I was visiting the park. :o
The scene in star tours they were just setting up when I visited it with my Guided Tour, and the scene in front of the Disneyland Reception they were shooting when I was checking out. ;D

It's turned into a nice commercial, quite refreshing to see one that's not aimed at families.

littlebitofpixiedust

See this earlier today and just great! So many times people have said to me it's for kids....
Irritates me! It's for all ages my family aren't Disney fanatics like myself but they love coming along enjoying the rides the atmosphere.
My nan (late 60s rode tower of terror last week!) and my grandad (also late 60s) rode space mountain! Afterwards my dad said "what kind of cheese was that" to them lol. Goes to show at Absolutly any age you can go there's something for everyone.
About time Disney showed this fact to the people who still think its just for kids. :)

Sulley's Arms

The first step towards this was last year's advert reminding us that our older (late teenage) children will still love that DLP magic, i.e. it's not just for kids...

We've previously talked about the 2 of us going when our's have all flown the nest.  When you enjoy something, you just enjoy it!
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

Alexz

Me and my girlfriend watched it yesterday and we both remembered back to when we were there and wished that we could go there again soon.

Really a great video!
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

Spacepilot

Great video, I first thought it was a well done private video...

Glad they advertise it like that. Usually as an adult you get comments like "Really, Disneyland? ???!" (like are you serious/nuts ::))

RockNRoller

About time, excellent stuff :D. This year my wife and I go for the 14th time, I'm 46 and she's 39. We are going with friends who are now just as addicted as we are ages 49 and 54. We have NEVER been with children, in fact the youngest person we've ever taken was 35.
It's not just for kids  ;D
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Esti

It's not the first of these types of ads, but it is a nice one. It does seem like, finally, 22 years late, they're trying to attract more people than just couples with a 5 year old girl obsessed with princesses. Because they weren't attracting all families. If you had teens or boyish kids, basically, their ads said you would hate DLP. And funny thing is, it's not true! They don't even have to lie, there is something for everybody. They just didn't advertise it.

I really liked this ad too :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTIGw-2MZ8s&list=UU1t74cS15eURW0YCpsRaDuw