Meal plan??? Help

Started by cazspence, October 13, 2014, 05:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cazspence

Right, normally I would not bother as I get shareholders discount, but this trip in nov we are thinking may be our last for a while so are doing buffalo bills, inventions, bistro chez remy and cafe mickey. I worked out a rough estimate of our food costs following menus I could find etc and our total had come in the region of £460 ish for 2 adults and a child. If I got the premium meal plan ( we staying in DLH) I would be £476 for 4 nights, I think that's What I was quoted anyway) so is it worth the difference £16 for the benefit of the teatime treat vouchers? It would also mean we could have more of a meal at cafe Mickey instead of the shared pizza as my 3 year old is not a pizza fan. Help???

polar vixen

Definitely consider just a snack and drink would be about 5.50 Euro each it saved us a fortune last time!

DisneyRon

The "tea-time snack" items and drink are about €5 each (there's a fair number of different things on offer if you look around), and since you get one for every person per day that alone would come out to roughly €60. ;D

With only £16 difference it may well be worth doing, just one small word of warning, it is a little harder to get a tea time treats in the studios park in my experience, most of the food trucks around the park will be closed as it's low season, this limits your options a fair bit there, but in DLP itself there's plenty of choice available. ;)

Beyond that, you don't need to worry about money for the food coming out of your spending budget, as you've paid for it all beforehand.

That is one of my main reasons for using meal plans, it's all sunk cost, and I don't need to worry about budgeting myself while in the park itself.

Queen Elsa

I thought the meal plan was excellent, the  tea time treat was great while we were waiting for the parade! especially when a bottle of coke is. €3.15!  Nearly fell over the day I bought one of those!, haha

c3po

We were a group of 5 on vouchers at the beginning of the month, and I really doubted I would have time to use the vouchers. I was very wrong. We really needed a break in the afternoons, and the vouchers ended up saving us quite a lot every day. As well as the sweet treats, we generally picked up bottles of Vittel (water), and would drink 2 or 3 then, and save the rest for the next morning in the park.
[size=85]1972 - Disneyland; 1974 - WDW; 1988 - Disneyland; 1996 - Disneyland; 1998 - Disneyland; 2000 - Disneyland; 2003 - WDW (Coronado Springs & Grosvenor Resort); 2009 - DLP (Newport Bay Club); October 2010 - DLP (Sequoia Lodge); October 2014 (Disneyland Hotel); September 2015 (Sequoia Lodge); March 2017 (Sequoia Lodge GF)