Rides for our 1 year old

Started by Mrsya, September 18, 2014, 12:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Anybody have a comprehensive list of rides/attractions that our 14 month old will be allowed on? We went in May and she was only allowed on IASW. 36 sleeps to go! Eeeek!

jackieann

Hi. Baby will be able to go on buzz, peter pan, casey jr, story boats. Potc. As long as older than one most things unless hight restrictions.

michellemumof2xx

If you can measure your little one, and go on  dlp info at the top of the forum and somewhere under planning, there is a list of height restrictions and whats best to do with small kids, teens, big thrills etc so you can work out what to do n what not to do :)
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

ewormas

Hi

My little boy was 14 mths on his first trip to DLRP, we took him on IASW,snow white,Pinocchio, peter pan,tea cups,dumbo,carousel - in the sit in carriage,Casey junior and the little boat ride next to it. The main St railroad and vehicles,the riverboat,orbitron. I didn't risk POTC  although I've seen babies in arms ride. I think we managed phantom manor once but he wasn't keen lol.
I can't see any problem with you going on buzz lightyear as there's the laser to mess with.

In the studios we did the tram tour though he really didn't like the earthquake section,flying carpets,cars,and animagique and cinemagique. Definitely go to Disney junior live and slinky too.

I have to admit of everything we went on/in IASW was definitely his favourite, one evening we stayed on seven times in a row lol! It then became our first and last ride of every holiday till he was 7 ish!

My personal view of the rides and attractions is that you are the best judge,but if you make a mistake and an attraction is a disaster just head straight to something they do enjoy. 

Hope you all have a great holiday :-D

Mrsya

Thanks everyone! Buzz and Tram Tours are pleasant surprises although we'll have to weigh up a family ride versus baby switch which means my 4 year old gets two rides without us having to queue again! Saves time when he invariably gets off shouting 'again!'

Queen Elsa

We came back from DLP on Thursday 😢 our son is 13 months old and we went on Peter Pans Flight, the teacups, dumbo, it's a small word, Pinocchio, Snow White, casey jr, les pays des contes, the Disney railroad, slinky dog and the studio tram tour. Think that's it but I know we did lots. 😊 xx

Andybear

One ride I would advise taking a child that young on is Ratatouille.  It's a fantastic ride but very intense.  On one of the occasions I was on it I heard a few screaming babies/toddlers and when I got off I heard one lady say she wished she'd waited till the baby was older before bringing her to DLP.

never2old

Quote from: Andybear on September 21, 2014, 10:41:17 AM
One ride I would advise taking a child that young on is Ratatouille.  It's a fantastic ride but very intense.  On one of the occasions I was on it I heard a few screaming babies/toddlers and when I got off I heard one lady say she wished she'd waited till the baby was older before bringing her to DLP.

I agree, it's definitively one for older kids. I have doubts my 3 year old would enjoy it!

Depending on when you're going and at what time it is, I would also consider Dreams. My daughter was a bit older first time she saw it (almost 18 months old) but she loved it, and along with meeting Mickey Mouse it was she remembered most.

Mrsya

Thanks again for all replies. This isn't our first trip but is our first since our dd turned 1.

Of course my ds who's 4 loves baby switch as that means he gets to go on the rides twice but can't wait to see our littlest one waving away at things like she did last time on its a small world.

29 sleeps! Eeek!