Disneyland Paris Hotel New York

Started by Disneypluto, September 08, 2014, 12:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneypluto

Good morning everyone..Has anyone here heard they are planning on closing DLP Hotel New York for refurbishment soon..I booked my holiday to stay there next October and was not told this when i booked the holiday.. :)

michellemumof2xx

I have heard 2016, but I dont know how true this is :)
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

Mileto

Did you book through an agent or directly at DLP on phone?
I've heard that for New York Hotel is planned a refurbishment, just like it happens with Newport Bay Hotel. But when - don't know.
In my oppinion (and if you booked directly at DLP) they are not selling if they know the hotel will be closed. With agents  - it's another story. Depends on the agent. I've read some stories, but don't have personal experience.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Disneypluto

We booked directly with DLP..so fingers crossed it will be still open next Oct before they plan to close it for refurbishment :)

DisneyManiac

Oh from what I remember, Hotel New York WILL NOT begin refurbishment until the Newport Bay Club has finished its refurbishment, which is around September 2015, I think...

gemma2806

Yep that's what I seem to remember too. The Newport was supposed to fully finish it's refurbishment by September 2015 but supposedly the refurb is a few months behind schedule already. I would also be inclined to think that the New York will undergo refurb for 2016 so it's finished before the 25th Anniversary in 2017  :D

RockNRoller

I really hope the close it for a year part isn't true. Yes it needs tidying up and refreshing but close it for a year! Where will all the guests go if DLP is down a hotel? Where will the conference business go? I can see a gradual approach like the Newport bay and Seqouia Lodge but complete closure.....
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

DisneyGagaChick

I doubt they will close the hotel for a year, think of the money they could loose!

When will we receive official confirmation?

Disneypluto

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on September 09, 2014, 03:55:12 PM
I doubt they will close the hotel for a year, think of the money they could loose!

When will we receive official confirmation?

Dunno but i really do hope they do confirm when it is gonna happen :)

never2old

They did say they will completely close it down during the refurb... It's a much smaller hotel than the Newport, they couldn't keep it open and refurbish it bit by bit without impacting too much the guests.

And any money they will loose while they shut it down, I'm sure they'll make back when they open, prices are sure to go up a bit after they upgrade it.

Disneypluto

Quote from: never2old on September 09, 2014, 04:46:08 PM
They did say they will completely close it down during the refurb... It's a much smaller hotel than the Newport, they couldn't keep it open and refurbish it bit by bit without impacting too much the guests.

And any money they will loose while they shut it down, I'm sure they'll make back when they open, prices are sure to go up a bit after they upgrade it.

All they said was their was no confirmation of it closing for refurbishment at this moment of time.. :)

cazspence

Quote from: Disneypluto on September 09, 2014, 05:49:33 PM
Quote from: never2old on September 09, 2014, 04:46:08 PM

All they said was their was no confirmation of it closing for refurbishment at this moment of time.. :)

They did say it will completely close during renovations. It was announced at the most recent press confrence .

DisneyGagaChick

I tried e-mailing them but they said just ring up this number.

DisneyGagaChick

I just rang them up personally- there is no confirmation of the refurbishment & the only hotel being refurbished (and won't finish till next year) is Newport Bay club  ???

DisneyRon

I'm guessing they're not officially confirming anything until they've actually locked in the dates. That might be the best move, but they should be quick about it, as you don't want people accidentally booking during a time that the hotel is closed. :)