Anyone been feb half term???

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, September 07, 2014, 08:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Ok, we always visit term times but like most my sons at school and we still want to keep visiting!

So thinking of 15-18th feb for next year. I'm aware it will be busier than usuall, but what I'd like to know is HOW busy? Unbearable? My son has an access pass as he's a wheelchair user but even so he doesn't like masses of people. Never done summer hols nor I don't think I would but I'm kind if hoping feb would be quieter than Easter/summer/Xmas hols.

Tell me I'd my thinking is wrong! Or If you have visited at this time and any info/tips greatly appreciated. Thankyou!!

michellemumof2xx

We wnt in feb half term and it was busy but not unbearable (it was our first visit so cant compare) biggest wait was crush (1 hr) BTM (45 mins). We loved it!! Going bk this feb but 17th-21st :)
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

Belloboy7

Hi there, I went in the feb half term just gone and to be fair it was not that busy..The only thing I found at this time was there wasn't a theme so although it still had the disney magic I personally felt it was lacking a little something but I'm sure you will have a fab time....if possible go at the Xmas season when the parks are at there magical best..

littlebitofpixiedust

Thanks to you both :)

Feel slightly more at ease! What were ques like for smaller rides if you can remember roughly?
He won't ride crush/BTM too scary for him! He likes shows and smaller attractions.

And we are going 3 weeks from today and first week of dec for a brief visit! Xmas season is by far the best! Havnt done in years but he spent Christmas in hospital last year so want to make it feel like we're kind of making up for it this year! 

But next year definatley got to try and get round to looking at school hols to go. Booooo!

Zee79

Apart from obviously the peak times busy periods depends upon when countries have their holidays. We went May half term 2013 and I was surprised at how quiet it was, there really was only Brits there and I would def go again at this time. When we do go to DLP we are always prepared for it to be busy so as long as you keep this in mind then queues don't really bother you. For kiddies rides the queues weren't too bad in May, my brother went feb half term and said it was busy but not like summer. If you are in any doubt fast pass the rides or go during extra magic hours.

littlebitofpixiedust

Thanks zee!!
Well it's booked now so were going busy or not!
And I think it will be the Eurostar was £184 pp and the seats were only released a week ago!

Not worried about ques tbh my son is in a wheelchair so has easy access means he may have to wait longer than normal but we don't technically que. We watch the shows and parades mainly anyway so should be fine.

I guess I'm more concerned about the basics i.e toilets & getting bite to eat. So I'll make sure I pre-book all meals!

Disneypluto

184 pounds per person is that one way or return trip??

littlebitofpixiedust

That is return, but we're normally used to paying £69 pp return because we always book early and direct with Eurostar. So was a bit steep, but kind of expected for half term week.
Our sept trip coming up we all paid £69 pp and same for our December visit.

Disneypluto

Yeah we are hoping for the cheap tickets when they come available...Fingers crossed :)

littlebitofpixiedust

Well call them months in advance! They are pretty good at least they can give you an estimate I'd call them around jan x

Disneypluto

Cheers littlebitofpixiedust...Thanks for the info. :)

giselle

We are looking at Feb half term too. Eurostar have half term trains on their site today. It will cost us over £1000.00 so it will be cheaper to take two cars as there are 6 of us. X

andlorna

We have been Feb half term for the last 2 years and have booked again to go next Feb. We find that it is not as busy as what you would think. You do have to wait to go on the popular ride but if you take advantage of the fast pass tickets and try and plan your day you should have a great time. The only downside is the parks are not open till late.
we have been lucky with the weather as well.....its always been dry with a little sunshine. We drive and go via Eurotunnel which works out around £150.00 with breakdown cover   :D
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: giselle on September 14, 2014, 09:07:34 AM
We are looking at Feb half term too. Eurostar have half term trains on their site today. It will cost us over £1000.00 so it will be cheaper to take two cars as there are 6 of us. X

Blimey that's expensive! See I drive but my son wouldn't cope for that length of time he's got special needs and 2 hours on Eurostar is testing enough. But definatley if you can save drive :) happy hols!!!

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: andlorna on September 14, 2014, 04:26:00 PM
We have been Feb half term for the last 2 years and have booked again to go next Feb. We find that it is not as busy as what you would think. You do have to wait to go on the popular ride but if you take advantage of the fast pass tickets and try and plan your day you should have a great time. The only downside is the parks are not open till late.
we have been lucky with the weather as well.....its always been dry with a little sunshine. We drive and go via Eurotunnel which works out around £150.00 with breakdown cover   :D

That is great to know we went over the Easter break some yeas ago and it was madness. But I guessed feb shouldn't be as crazy as its soon after Xmas and colder weather? Wich we don't mind aslong as you wrap up its fine :) so I'm a little less worried now I know you've done it before and are again it can't be that bad yay!