Hotel preferences

Started by JodieG91, September 04, 2014, 06:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JodieG91

Hi all!

So we are looking at going to Disneyland Paris in January, we were looking at November but due to timings and slightly better pricing we are thinking January instead. We are hoping it would be quieter then as well. Basically, we are a little undecided about what to do. We can stay at Santa Fe or Cheyenne for £476, 5 nights 6 days. However, we are also interested in Sequoia Lodge, the pool looks lovely and heard the breakfast is a little better, not that we are picky. If we went for Sequoia Lodge it would be for 4 nights 5 days as we can't afford the extra night there and this would cost us £436. We are basically looking for opinions of people who have stayed at any of these hotels etc. Is it worth losing a night for a pool and a 'moderate' hotel? We really can't decide, I love the idea of Sequoia Lodge but I love the idea of an extra day and night at Disney! Also, in January, what do you recommend as the best way to get there?

danogian

We've stayed at all 3. I wouldn't rush back to the Santa Fé, as I preferred the Cheyenne by a long way, and the price difference between the two is minimal if anything. The Sequoia Lodge has a much cosier atmosphere than the Cheyenne, and obviously the pool is an added benefit, but if you're going to go crazy doing the Disney thing, you'd probably spend so little time in the hotel that it wouldn't make much difference. What really swings it for me is the closeness of the Sequoia Lodge to the parks and village. It's an easy 10 minute walk from the resort hub to the back door. I know the Cheyenne isn't that much further, but it's enough to make me want to get the bus rather than walk at the end of a long day on my feet.

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights

samuelvictor

Personally I'd say an extra day in the parks is way more valuable than a minor hotel upgrade. We've stayed in the Santa Fe twice since its recent refurbishment & loved it. We know plenty of people who've enjoyed the Cheyenne, and we'll be staying there next time. When choosing between the two I suppose the biggest decision maker is whether you want 2 double beds (Santa Fe) or Double bed & bunk beds (Cheyenne).

Its no doubt that the Sequoia is a nicer hotel, and a little closer to the parks (add 2-5 mins to your walk, depending on how quick you are), but not worth losing a whole 24 hours for in my opinion. Also, if your stay was cut short and your time in the parks was limited, would you really spend too much of that limited time in the swimming pool? I suppose if you want to swim every morning or evening it might be a deal breaker. That's the only persuasive argument towards it I can think of.

Whatever decision you make I'm sure you'll have a great time! :)

vampira

If I had to choose, I would take the extra day in the Parks and go for the Cheyenne or Santa Fe. I have stayed at both hotels and I like the Cheyenne the most.  :)
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

grovesie

We have stayed at both, and would go for the extra day. The walk along the river is not that much further than walking to the Sequoia.

On our trips the breakfast was just about the same as each other.

Which ever one you decide on  you'll have a great time