November 24th-28th 2014

Started by SUTHEL3, August 22, 2014, 12:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SUTHEL3

Hello,

I'm visiting 24th-28th November so going during Christmas Season, and I read somewhere that there is fake snow at Disney?

It this true? Does it fall like real snow, or is it already on the ground just making it look christmassy?

tinkerbell17

It's a snow machines that are on the roof they put them on at different times of the day and night

SUTHEL3

Discovery_Mountain

This is only on Main Street btw and it doesn't lay, its kinda like foam. 

They usually have like a fake snow effect in planters at the central plaza and over at round up village. 

like this:

Christmas is amazing at Disneyland Paris!
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

SUTHEL3

Aww cool thanks for confirming :)  what is there to do at christmas that's different from normal time? Its our first time for xmas so we're dead excited!

gothprincess

We are trip buddies, this is our first Christmas trip too.

gemma2806

Christmas season is my favourite time to visit!

The fake snow falls on Main Street during the parade and also during Magical Christmas Wishes which is the tree lighting ceremony. It's brilliant as you can't see where the snow comes from it just appears!

All the hotels and parks get Christmas decorations and garlands are hanging everywhere. There are snow covered areas all over the main park.

The Christmas differences are:

All hotels have Christmas trees and are differently decorated.
You get the Christmas tree in the main park and the tree lighting ceremony.
The Jingle Bell Boys are a live jazz band that play at Videopolis in Discoveryland.
It's a small world gets a Christmas theme and Christmas music.
The characters all get Christmas costumes for meet and greets.
The main parade gets a Christmas theme and there is also the Christmas cavalcade that happens several times a day.
There is Jack Skellington in his Sandy Claus outfit in Frontierland.
Select counter service eateries have special Christmas menus to choose from in both parks.
There is Disney Dreams of Christmas, a must see!
There is a meet and greet with Santa Claus over at Santa's Christmas village in Frontierland (beware the queues!)
There is a Christmas meet and greet with Mickey Mouse over in the studios park.
The shops are heaving with Christmas displays and merchandise.
There is a Santa meet and greet in Disney Village but it's just used for photo ops as he doesn't make an appearance here till late December.
There are little chalets in Disney village that have Christmas merchandise similar to the Christmas German Market but not on such large a scale.

I'm really hoping that in future they will bring back some of the Christmas shows as for me this is the only thing really missing during the Christmas season.
:D

SUTHEL3

Oh wow, so many differences! I'm really looking forward to it. I heard that the main parade wasn't going to be on this year but the calvacade was :( It's my Mum and Dad's first time so I was hoping they'd get to see the main parade. But as long as there's plenty of characters to see then hopefully they won't be disappointed! :D

Definitely want to go and see the Jingle Bell Boys - youtubed them and they look fab!

LeesideJim

These are the exact dates when were going also, you'll love it christmas is definitely the best time to visit, can't wait to go back as it's nearly 2 years since our last visit,
Cheyenne March 2009
Cheyenne March 2010
Sequoia Lodge February 2011
Santa Fe November 2011
Sequoia Lodge November 2012
Sequoia Lodge February 2013
Cheyenne November 2014
Cheyenne November 2015
Sequoia Lodge November 2016
Sequoia Lodge November 2017
Newport Beach Resort 2018

led1982

Am there for the same dates too  ;D

Can't wait, will be staying the the Sequoia Lodge (GF)

Our 2nd visit but 1st time during the christmas season.

SUTHEL3

aww led1982 we're staying at SL too, but just in one of the lodges. It's my friend and I's 2nd visit but my parents 1st. We went last October.

Does anyone know if the Descent of the Stairs will still be happening at Christmas?

gothprincess

SUTHEL3

Eeeek! :D this year has flown by, not that I'm complaining as I love Christmas time and get to go to disney this year :D

gemma2806

The Descent of the Stairs is a bit of an unknown for me. I've not been to it but really want to but I'm unsure as to whether it will still happen given that the characters from November will no longer be in the hotels. I know the characters will remain in Inventions in the Disneyland Hotel but I've heard no mention as to whether they will retain the descent of the Stairs or not. It would be nice to think they would keep it as it is an exclusive to this hotel anyway.

michellemumof2xx

I have heard decent of the stairs will stop. We saw it in Feb and I hoped we would see it again, but I was told on here it will end  :(
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!