DLH Rooms for 5

Started by Livvipivvi, August 17, 2014, 12:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livvipivvi

Hiya all,

I've taken the plunge and booked return flights for 19th and 23rd December, for the hubby, 2 DD's and myself. So that's it, I've committed now! We've not got anything booked with Disney yet, but there's no turning back, we are going!!! Yeppyyyy!  ;D  ;D

I told my mother yesterday, while the girls couldn't hear as it's a surprise ;), and she seemed interested in coming.  I didn't ask there and then because I'd like to make sure that her coming is do-able and that I know how much it's gonna cost her before I ask.

Has anyone stayed in the rooms that sleep 5 in the DLH? How are they set out, would it feel overcrowded?  Are they suitable for 3 adults and 2 children, or are they only meant for families with 3 children?  What beds are there, 2 doubles and a single, or maybe bunks?

I did consider phoning Disney to ask, but with the girls being off school, it's a bit awkward. So any info is greatly appreciated  :D

TIA x

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

amanda08

Hi Livvi  - exciting news! Disney at xmas is just brill :)

We have stayed a few times in a family room in the DLH. It is 2 double beds and one single sofa bed (which was very comfy)  It is a big room so I would say plenty of space but you are still in 1 room so I guess it depends on how you all feel about that lol - I know my hubby would never have felt comfortable sleeping in the same room as my mum and vice versa but that could just be us lol :-)))

amanda08

It's worth remebering that thefamily rooms in santa fe and cheyenne are actually 2 interconnecting rooms so you have more privacy and of course an extra bathroom which would be handy too

Livvipivvi

Lovely, thank you Amanda  :D. I know, we are soooo excited! It's going to be so hard to keep it a secret ,lol.  I was thinking the same about sharing a room, so I priced up for my mum to have her own room, it's quite expensive   :o

That's really handy to know about the Cheyenne and Santa Fe.  Think we have our hearts set on DLH for this visit, only because it's an extra special treat for Christmas and we thought that it would be better to be closer to our hotel in the winter. We really like the look of the Cheyenne though, but would probably stay there during a milder season, so maybe we will wait and ask my mother to come with us another time.  It'll give us an excuse to go back next year and the Cheyenne is probably more in the price range of what my mother would expect to spend on a holiday anyway.

Eeeeek! Omg! I am so excited! I think I'm gonna burst!

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

DisneyRon

Quote from: Livvipivvi on August 17, 2014, 01:21:40 PM
Lovely, thank you Amanda  :D. I know, we are soooo excited! It's going to be so hard to keep it a secret ,lol.  I was thinking the same about sharing a room, so I priced up for my mum to have her own room, it's quite expensive   :o

That's really handy to know about the Cheyenne and Santa Fe.  Think we have our hearts set on DLH for this visit, only because it's an extra special treat for Christmas and we thought that it would be better to be closer to our hotel in the winter. We really like the look of the Cheyenne though, but would probably stay there during a milder season, so maybe we will wait and ask my mother to come with us another time.  It'll give us an excuse to go back next year and the Cheyenne is probably more in the price range of what my mother would expect to spend on a holiday anyway.

Eeeeek! Omg! I am so excited! I think I'm gonna burst!

If you can possibly help it, never put a person on their own in a room, this is a very common policy around the world, the surcharge you get for being on your own in a room meant for 2+ people can be quite something.
Especially with the DLP Hotels which have mostly 4 person rooms, the single-occupant charge is quite high, especially for the higher tier hotels.

As I'm single, and enjoy travelling by myself, I see this all the time, and I can assure you that staying in the DLH for 4 nights by myself would have been prohibitively expensive had I not had a "2 nights free" offer when I booked.

It's still rather costly, but as I'm doing this as a treat for myself I find it worth it, but otherwise I really would have needed to think twice before doing this. I could take a 10 day vacation to Iceland for less, but that's not what I was after. ;)

gemma2806

If you don't fancy the 5 of you sharing and you can afford to do it, I would book 2 rooms and say that there will be 2 in one room and 3 in another. I did this before when it was 3 adults (one was a child over 12) and 2 kids going. We asked for adjoining rooms but once you've paid Disney aren't bothered who stays in what room so when we got there and we found we had adjoining rooms we simply put the 3 kids in one room and us in the other.  :D