Is it true that they are stopping the characters in the hotels?

Started by gothprincess, August 15, 2014, 01:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gothprincess

I heared off my husband that the meet and greet with the characters in the hotels. I am assuming there will always be meet and greet in the DLH but we're staying at the cheyenne.

DisneyRon

From what I've read here the characters in the hotels will disappear after November 5th this year.

Haven't seen any official announcement about it on the Dutch DLP site though, but that's not exactly updated frequently. :P

That also goes for the DLH I believe, with the exception of Inventions, as that is a character dining/lunch location.

amanda08

Disney have confirmed the removal of characters from the hotel from mid november. Only Castle Club will return a special character breakfast (and cafe mickey of course) However the characters will be in the park during emh doing something which Disney describe as "showing us how the characters get the park ready for guests in the morning" maybe it will be something like Good Morning Main Street? 

gothprincess

I don't know weather that sucks or not. You couldn't find a character in the park for love nor money the first two days we were there last time eventually we ran in to mickey and Minnie in the studios but it had been a long wait. I'm still annoyed that that stupid bear gets pride of place in Mickey's spot.

itslizi

Maybe it's for the best, as it's true what I've heard, anyone can access the meet and greet at the hotels, but you've got to have a ticket into the parks when they are all contained within the parks.

As long as they make sure all the character are around for EMH then all the hotel guests can gain something out of it, while other non guests don't get something for nothing.

Discovery_Mountain

Quote from: itslizi on August 15, 2014, 03:33:39 PM
Maybe it's for the best, as it's true what I've heard, anyone can access the meet and greet at the hotels, but you've got to have a ticket into the parks when they are all contained within the parks.

As long as they make sure all the character are around for EMH then all the hotel guests can gain something out of it, while other non guests don't get something for nothing.

Can't non hotel guest get to Main Street from 8.00AM too, just can't go into Fantasyland or Discoverland?
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: Matty88 on August 15, 2014, 09:43:24 PM
Can't non hotel guest get to Main Street from 8.00AM too, just can't go into Fantasyland or Discoverland?

No, to get to Main Street for EMH, you have to show the CM a hotel pass and the normal park ticket valid for that day. They usually have the entrance area roped off, so that anyone entering the park for EMH have to have their tickets checked by a CM before the turnstile.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Discovery_Mountain

My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

LotsoHugginBear

Not only hotel guests can use the emh! Everybody who has a dream pass can enter the Park as well.  And I am quite sure that I have read somewhere that this is possible with a fantasy pass as well.

Livvipivvi

Hiya, I heard the same, which influenced which hotel we stayed in for our first visit.  I thought that it was nice to experience it while we still could, so paid more and stayed at the HNY. But to be honest we didn't bother to stop to see them when we stayed.  Whenever we saw them in the foyer the queues were rediculous! I'm not sure if all the people in the queues were staying at the hotel or if they had just come in to see the characters, but either way, it all seemed a waste of our time. Don't get me wrong, it was lovely to see them in the hotel, but queuing up for ages for a quick pic did not feel all that special to us. It would have been nicer if they mixed with people while they ate breakfast, like they do at cafe mickey. Doing that would also stop people from coming in from outside, as it's not very fair for people who have paid extra to stay in a hotel, to have to wait for ages for the experience because so many people come in that are not staying at the hotel or even paying for breakfast.

During the 4 mornings that we were there we only saw goofy, and we saw him when we had our evening meals in cafe mickeys and inventions anyway, so we just walked straight past and had the extra time in the parks  ;)

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

ewormas

Hi
If you look on pixie dust.be they have the new meeting places during the EMH- it looks quite promising!

nathalie

Quote from: LotsoHugginBear on August 17, 2014, 03:28:51 PM
Not only hotel guests can use the emh! Everybody who has a dream pass can enter the Park as well.  And I am quite sure that I have read somewhere that this is possible with a fantasy pass as well.

Depends, if you have the Fantasy 20th anniversary pass or not.