Free half board offer

Started by loulou169, August 11, 2014, 01:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livvipivvi

Quote from: hannabdav on August 13, 2014, 01:07:42 AM
The two nights free offer isn't 50% off it's roughly 35-40% off your booking! I know that sounds strange but your package prices includes park tickets and the 2 night free offer is 2 nights free of room only, so you re still paying for 5 days worth of park tickets not 2/3!! The free half board works our better if you are going to book it alongside 35% off (remembering you only get 35% off if you are going to book a longer stay or stay in one of the more expensive hotels. E.g. A 2-3 night stay in the Santa Fe would only qualify for approx the 15% off and free half board). We booked DLH under the two night free offer.  When we repriced our stay to include the 35% and free half board it was £100 cheaper than what we had already paid!!! Unfortunately we couldn't change our booking as we had hone via a third party!!!

I hope you find something! I would love to go in February half term as we can g o for 3 nights in Cheyenne for £700 including eurostar which is cheap as chips but I won't think we can afford it!!xx

Ah right, makes sense.  Thank you very much for posting this info, its really helpful  ;D. I looked at the brochure prices and it didn't quite work out properly, so I did wonder how it worked.  We are looking to book the DLH for 4 nights and book the premium HB, so I'm guessing we would benefit from the free HB offer. Booking direct does seem to be the way to go as you can make changes very easily.  I phoned them last time we went to DLP.  A month or so after booking the price dropped by over £100, so I phoned them to ask what they could do.  They would not offer any money back, but said I could book an extra.  I had already paid for the meal plan unfortunately, so I added a princess lunch for the day we left.  This meant that they could amend the booking to include the new price and I only had to pay the difference for the lunch. If I hadn't already paid for the meal plan, I'm assuming I could have added that instead.  The only problem with the disneylandparis.co.uk site is that you have to pay it all off when booking, which is a nightmare, whereas by booking 3rd party I'm guessing that you can book with a deposit and pay the rest off 10/12 weeks before you go, like a normal holiday lol.  Disneyholidays.co.uk allows you to book with a deposit though, so maybe they offer the best of both worlds  :D.  No cash back with them though  :(, which if its still at 8.5% when we book I'm looking to get well over £200 back.  I hope you get a good deal lou  :D

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

DisneyRon

Wasn't the "free half-board" option for the Hotel level only, I think I read something like that on the Dutch DLP site?

So you'd probably get a discount if you wanted Half-board Premium, but I doubt it would be entirely free.
If it is entirely free, then it's quite the saving. ;D

Livvipivvi

Quote from: hannabdav on August 13, 2014, 01:07:42 AM
I hope you find something! I would love to go in February half term as we can g o for 3 nights in Cheyenne for £700 including eurostar which is cheap as chips but I won't think we can afford it!!xx

Aw thank you, fingers crossed, we have our hearts set on it now :D. EasyJets flights are going up faster than a jet taking off from heathrow at the mo tho lol. I hope they come down a bit.  Wow! That is a good deal! Feb half term too  :D.  I hope you manage to go hanna! x

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

Livvipivvi

Quote from: DisneyRon on August 13, 2014, 03:44:22 PM
Wasn't the "free half-board" option for the Hotel level only, I think I read something like that on the Dutch DLP site?

So you'd probably get a discount if you wanted Half-board Premium, but I doubt it would be entirely free.

When we booked our May holiday the free half board level offered was dependant on which hotel you stayed in.  I think it was standard/hotel only for Cheyenne and Santa Fe, plus HB for SL, NB and HNY and premium for people booking DLH.

We are booking the DLH, so if the offer is the same as last time, then we would qualify for the premium HB...Happy days!  8)

Livvipivvi

Quote from: Livvipivvi on August 13, 2014, 03:50:24 PM
Quote from: DisneyRon on August 13, 2014, 03:44:22 PM

When we booked our May holiday the free half board level offered was dependant on which hotel you stayed in.  I think it was standard/hotel only for Cheyenne and Santa Fe, plus HB for SL, NB and HNY and premium for people booking DLH.

We are booking the DLH, so if the offer is the same as last time, then we would qualify for the premium HB...Happy days!  8)

Just checked the T&Cs on the current offer and the HB offered is the same.

gingajen

Can I just clarify something please? I booked our trip for next February and got the two days/two nights free offer. Meaning that 4 nights/5 days in February half term in the Disneyland Hotel cost £1280 for 2 adults and 2 children. I am seriously considering adding a meal plan to that. Am I ok to do this after I have booked or should it have been booked when I booked the holiday? Assuming I can add a meal plan after, if a new special offer is released that would include a half board plan, can I call up and change my reservation to include the new deal, obviously paying any extra? I booked direct with Disney if that makes any difference.
Finally, with the Hotels halfboard plan, if I'm staying at DLH, this plan means I can eat in Inventions doesn't it?

DisneyRon

You're adding something to your current booking, so they'll be more than happy to assist adding a meal plan to your current reservation. ;)

The DLH Hotel Meal Plan, according to the Winter 2014-2015 brochure covers the buffet restaurant in the hotel (which is indeed Inventions), as well as the buffet restaurants in the park itself.