Quite a few questions...hope you can help!

Started by michellemumof2xx, August 07, 2014, 11:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michellemumof2xx

Hi, I have been doing a bit of planning, I'm trying to work out what we haven't seen and what we have seen and want to do again for our trip in Feb around the parades, food etc. I have a few questions, sorry if they have already been asked, my head is all confused as I keep thinking of different things, and I have read a lot but I'm no wiser! Questions...

1. Pause Gourmande ...where can you use these, and what can you get with them? We are a party of 4 people, me and my girls age 7 and 4 and my mum. My mum would love a cup of tea or coffee and me and my girls like water, soft drinks and we will all eat any snack. Where could we go??

2.Is it likely that the closing time will remain the same as this year? We visited in Feb, I have looked in to the archives and the park shuts at 8pm and studios 7pm- Feb 2014 and 2013. Do you think this will be the same Feb 2015? Also, the parades, will those times stay similar at this time of year, every year?

3.Dreams...will this still be on? Has it been confirmed? I would love to see it again!

4. Sharing food in Cafe Mickey?? We have half board plus and intend to eat at 4 places for our main evening meal which we will book, but if we fancied an extra meal in the day, say at 1pm, and we wanted to share 2 pizza's between 4 of us, can we do this, or do we have to have a meal each? We would pay extra for this, using our money, not vouchers. We would book this also, as when we will be there it could be very cold, so sitting in and having an extra meal would be great, we could warm up too!

5.Auberge De Cendrillon... We intend to eat here on the day we arrive, we will check in around 11-11.30am and leave our bags, collect our tickets and head in, have a little wander, do a ride or two, then eat lunch here, at say 1pm. We will use our half board plus voucher and pay the difference. This is ok isn't it?

One last question.....

6. Annette's...I see the value of half board plus voucher is 33 euros, but the set menu's are either Jukebox at 30.58 euros or Hula Hoop at 35.58 euros, so if we ate either of these, would be loose a euro or two, or have to pay an extra few euros, or is there a menu just for half board plus vouchers, so you don't loose any money or pay extra. I don't mind, I'm just trying to get my head around it, as last time, we were half board premium, so i knew it was always covered as we never spent the whole voucher, so we lost money, but at least we didn't have to pay anymore.

Thank you for your help  :)
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

msRavenswood

The 'Pause Gourmand' voucher includes one hot/cold drink and one sweet treat.

These are some of the locations confirmed by other visitors where you can exchange your vouchers:

Casey's Corner - Brownie, donut

Cable car bakeshop - Cookie, brioche

Bella Notte - Magnum ice cream bar

Cafe Hyperion - Brownie, Magnum ice cream, Double Mickey cakes, dispensed fizzy drinks

Market House Deli - Muffin, bottles of water

Cookie Kitchen - Bottled cold drinks/hot drinks with chocolate/lemon/blueberry muffin or a brioche.

Blockbuster Cafe - Chocolate cake, double Mickey cakes, bottles of fizzy drink

DisneyManiac

Disney Dreams! has only been confirmed until the end of this Christmas Season, 7th January 2015. But it is likely it will continue.

michellemumof2xx

Thank you, that's brilliant info! I think it will be too cold for ice creams when we are there so brownies etc will he perfect! Thank you  msRavenswood :) oh I do hope it does continue, thanks DisneyManiac :)

DisneyRon

As for question 5, it should yes. You can use your vouchers wherever you like, if it's not covered by the plan, then the face value is used and you pay the difference. Should be just fine. :)

For Question 2, I'm assuming those will stay the same, unless there's a special event going on that would require a longer opening time. Unfortunately, you won't be sure until closer to the actual date when Disney releases the schedule. :)

michellemumof2xx

That's great DisneyRon, thank you, there are no special events when we go. I think the dates get released 3 months before, so I will find out for sure in November :)

amee

Quote from: DisneyManiac on August 07, 2014, 12:40:30 PM
Disney Dreams! has only been confirmed until the end of this Christmas Season, 7th January 2015. But it is likely it will continue.
is this true ?? if so will it be on during october and will it still be just as the park closes ??

samuelvictor

Amee - Yes it will be running in October 2014 & it will be just as the park closes. IMO after Jan 2015 its likely to continue, but perhaps only once a week or on special occasions to save money. It will almost certainly "return" to ever day, and be revamped with new sections for the 2017 25th anniversary.

I too am interested in the price discrepancy with the Annette's Diner options - please can anyone confirm? We definitely want to try Annette's on our next visit & I noticed the HB plan fits awkwardly with their menu...