Pin trading?

Started by PrincessKirsty, July 14, 2014, 12:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessKirsty

hi everyone I am just back from a trip to Disneyland California and I am going to DLP in Novembr my 2nd time. I noticed in Cali that in nearly all the shops they each had a pin board you could trade on. do they have similar in DLP? i never really noticed last year when i went but now I am in to pin trading I would like to do some at DLP. does the World of disney store do any boards or anything? any places in the park i should visit in particular? all advice is greatly appreciated!

gemma2806

I love the pins but rather than trade them I collect them, I'm greedy that way! ;)

You can trade with the cast members that have lanyards, anywhere in the resort. There used to be a rule that you couldn't trade more than 3 with an individual cast member but whether this is still the practice I'm not sure.

The best places in the resort for the largest pin collections are World of Disney, Walt's Disney Studios Store in the Studios Park and also the Emporium on Main Street in the Disneyland Park. Make sure to have a nose at the smaller shops in the different lands as they have some pins specifically for the land you're in.

Also check out the Disney Store website as you can order special pins from online (they have a brilliant Crush's Coaster one at the moment on the website).

Hope this is some help and happy hunting!  :D

daddyof2

I agree with Gemma, your best bet is probably to have your lanyard on and trade with Cast Members in the stores - we did some with the CM's in the HNY shop and in the World of Disney store. If you're buying, there is often a cart by the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlour (or there was in June) with a large number of pins. They seem to be in most stores though, including the hotel shops and they sell lanyards, booster sets and starter sets too. There are frequent new releases each month, often on Saturdays and some pins are only available at the Pueblo Trading Post near Pocohontas Indian Village. See here  http://dedicatedtodlp.com/2013/11/26/disneyland-paris-pins-november-2013-new-year-coming/ for last November's releases

nathalie

On some days (and certain hours I think) there's a CM with a board at Harrington's aswell.

jeakat24

I've only ever seen the trading boards on Main Street. Usually outside Gibson Girl, but sometimes Harringtons too
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Andybear

I'm also looking at starting it up when I go to DLP in September.  Do the starter sets in the shops include lanyards or are they just sold separately?   I've ordered a pin from the Disney Store online - couldn't resist it!  It's this one:-

[attachment deleted by admin]

PrincessKirsty

ok well thanks everybody. shall check out all the shops and see if they have pin boards to trade on and the hotel's shops too. And I am going to be checking out the CM's lanyards first thing in the morning! hopefully i shall come home with a lot more new pins!

also Andybear some starter sets might come with a lanyard but a lot don't. its very varied!

daddyof2

Yes, you can buy lanyards on their own or as part of kits, and there are more available at DLP than on the Disney Store UK site. Enjoy, I found it was quite a nice thing to be able to check out CM's pins and they all seemed happy and willing to trade.