What's your best (and worst) restaurant experience.

Started by itslizi, July 15, 2014, 03:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

Since we're talking about best and worst restaurant experiences here, I'd like to refer back to an article by Disneyland Paris, which was published in June: http://disneylandparis-news.com/en/food-beverages-things-are-changing-back-in-the-kitchens-at-disneyland-paris/

In this article I noticed the following quote:
QuoteWith time the teams want to set up "signature" products for the buffets in each of the restaurants, in order to differentiate them from one another. The key word is once again variety, and the products will change various times a week. There will be less fried food, more fresh products, seafood and salad bars. Change is in the air and quality is always the objective. Faouzi also hopes to improve the experience in the restaurants, with animation and interaction, a carving board to slice freshly roasted meats, cold cuts, woks and pasta cookers, open kitchens: in short, elements that turn catering into a real show. "In the coming two years we are going to push our current food offer to a totally different level" Faouzi Miloud concludes with a smile, visibly very enthusiastic and determined to turn this ambitious project into a reality.

This is all sounds very promosing, cause there's still room for a lot of improvement when it comes to dining at Disneyland Paris.

Has anyone already noticed one of those improvements?

Mileto

Quote from: Remco K. on October 28, 2015, 10:31:28 AM

Has anyone already noticed one of those improvements?

I read there are some changes in Plaza Gardens. We'll be in the restaurant on 2nd of December and will report after that. Can't wait to see the chocolate fontain.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Mitchell

Best without an inch of doubt in my mind, Inventions.

Thankfully haven't had a worst yet!
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Remco K. on October 21, 2015, 08:22:29 PM
Personally I really like buffet style restaurants like Plaza Gardens and Agrabah Cafe. As opossite to some of the reactions I've read here, I think these buffet style restaurants serve a nice array of food, always in good quality.

As a burger fan, I never skip a trip to DLP without visiting Annette's Diner. Do they sell the best burgers in the world? No, but it's a big step up from most fast food chains and the interior is just great.

I also really liked Walt's Gourmet Burger at Walt's, until I learned they put foie gras on it. Why do they still serve this product?

Last but not least, The Blue Lagoon. When it comes to interior, Blue Lagoon might be a winner, but I surely think that the food is being overhyped. My wife is a fan of steaks, but she didn't think it was that great. I'm more of a burger lover, so my opinion is of non existence here. ;)

Had to reply, not sure why that's in Walts Gourmet burger I didn't even know what it was. Until of course I opened up the bun and I had to ask and then I was told I simply took it out and ate the burger! Still French law maybe different I know it's banned in many places. The king ludwigs burger is yummy! So if your a burger fan try.

I'm eager to try Annette's on our next visit when we tried on our last the que was so long we never did fingers crossed not so busy on our upcoming trip as I hear such great things.

daddyof2

Last week we ate at: Hunters Grill, Auberge De Cendrillon, Hakuna Matata, Bistrot Chez Remy, Colonel Hathi's, Restaurant en Coulisse, Café Mickey and Chalet au Marionette. We'd not eaten at all of them before and can't say that any were particularly bad. Chez Remy was possibly our favourite

Mrsya

Decided to give Plaza Gardens one more try last week... Wished we hadn't! Food was nice but the atmosphere and service is just terrible. Choose your drink at the door and wait nearly an hour (and three requests) for them to arrive. No chance of a refill. Moved from our first table as we had too many bags...! Queues were enormous and the server behind the desserts counter told my husband one square of cake per person when he'd gone up for a selection for all four of us.

Crammed in like sardines, everyone looking miserable, couldn't wait to get out of there!

BethKJ

Was at Sequoia Lodge for me birthday in September with my five kids. As they are all hungry teenagers, we went for Premium half board....and had mostly excellent experiences. Our first night was at Inventions and was our overall favourite. The restaurant is well- themed, with great views (despite the current scaffolding woes) and the food on the buffet line was fresh and tasty. The shrimp and crab were excellent and there was lots of choice. Our waitress was lovely and quite attentive. But the best thing was the character interactions. We met 10 characters!!! It was so fun and not rushed at all. We got cute photos and autographs from each.cand all this despite the fact we were an "all adult" table (ages 17 up to my 50 years!). Everyone waited for the characters to come to their table, so there was no pushing or fussing. Really, I can't stand the typical crowded crush of the in-park meet and greets. If you can stand the cost, I HIGHLY recommend splurging on a dinner buffet at Inventions. It was the high point of our trip. Not that the Auberge de Cendrillon was bad...but the food was not as good and there were only six characters on offer...and they were a bit more rushed, as the Princesses are so sought after by the children. Which is cute, of course !   
We also ate at Hunter's Lodge at our hotel. It was a nice buffet. Perfectly nice for a calm evening after a long day out.
My kids loved the spicy fries at Hakuna Matata,too. Fun snack!
DLP day trip 1997
Sequoia  Lodge 2004
DLP day trip 2008
Sequoia Lodge 2015

abismummy

The best by far was Inventions! I loved it! Food was great and characters had time for everyone. Spent ages in there and didn't feel at all rushed.

Auberge de Cendrillon was the worse - but probably because the food wasn't to our taste. Not really nice at all.