Closure of rides

Started by lindavdende, June 23, 2014, 09:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindavdende

Anything know about closure of attractions in september? Cant find anything. Did see 2012 and 2013. They look a bit the same. Is every year the same? In other words, can i expect the same rides to be closed or does it change a lot?

msRavenswood

They will probably be released next week, I've been waiting for them as well.  :)

lindavdende

On Disneyland.com you can now check the dates for september! When i'm going only captain eo (of course), carrousel de Lancelot and the river boat landing will be closed. Im very happy with that!

msRavenswood

Pirates of the Caribbean is closed when I'm visiting.  :'( I'm a little bummed now, but thankfully Phantom Manor will be open!

Andybear

Quote from: lindavdende on June 26, 2014, 10:26:08 PM
On Disneyland.com you can now check the dates for september! When i'm going only captain eo (of course), carrousel de Lancelot and the river boat landing will be closed. Im very happy with that!

Same here - phew!  I'm not bothered about any of them being closed  Last time I went Phantom Manor was closed - that was one of the ones I was most looking forward to so I'm chuffed it'll be open this time ;D

Mileto

MsRavenswood, I am so sorry! I understand you dissapointment. Good that Phantom Manor is open.

I am glad that Peter Pan will work, it was closed last September, our daughter was verry sad.
The only I will be sorry is that river boat landing will be closed - I looooove this big boat, the music and feel always very peaceful there. But ... next time :)

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

~sarahjayne~

Pirates of the Caribbean will be closed and the river boat.
A little disappointed as both were out of action when we visited last year but they aren't our girls favourites so we can live with it  :)

Mileto

Quote from: ~sarahjayne~ on June 27, 2014, 12:12:26 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean will be closed

Not when we visit. And this is great, because it is one if our favorite. If closed maybe we were about to commit a group family suicide  ;D

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP

msRavenswood

Quote from: Mileto on June 27, 2014, 12:16:41 PM
If closed maybe we were about to commit a group family suicide  ;D

LOL! I told my husband this morning that POTC will not be open and I kinda ruined his day! His exact words were: "I can't believe we won't smell the Pirates' water this year!". Do they put something in this thing that makes it so irresistible?  ;D ;D ;D

msRavenswood

Quote from: Mileto on June 27, 2014, 11:51:15 AM
MsRavenswood, I am so sorry! I understand you dissapointment. Good that Phantom Manor is open.

I am glad that Peter Pan will work, it was closed last September, our daughter was verry sad.
The only I will be sorry is that river boat landing will be closed - I looooove this big boat, the music and feel always very peaceful there. But ... next time :)

Imagine both POTC and Phantom Manor were closed, then I would commit suicide! Ha, ha! But I'm so happy that Peter Pan is open this September, we totally missed it last year! As for the river boat, it is a bit sad but last year we didn't ride it anyway.

Mileto

;D  Deadly combination if both closed.
You can use our entrance tickets on 25.9, you just have to steal an aeroplane  ;D
Just let me know, I'm serious!  :D

msRavenswood

Quote from: Mileto on June 27, 2014, 01:15:37 PM
;D  Deadly combination if both closed.
You can use our entrance tickets on 25.9, you just have to steal an aeroplane  ;D
Just let me know, I'm serious!  :D

Awww, how sweet of you! To tell you the truth, I looked up flights to see if we could go a week later (that's how crazy I am!), but none was convenient enough! Anyway, as I told my husband, this is a good reason to plan our next visit to DLP as soon as possible!  ;D

daddyof2

If POTC is closed, is The Blue Lagoon closed too? not sure you get the smell from there though...

msRavenswood

Quote from: daddyof2 on June 27, 2014, 07:42:17 PM
If POTC is closed, is The Blue Lagoon closed too? not sure you get the smell from there though...

Not sure if when the ride closes for refurbishment, the Blue Lagoon stays closed as well, but nothing can beat the real thing! Plus, I wouldn't be too thrilled to eat there as the reviews I've read are not very positive.

lindavdende

Deadly combination for me would be if ToT and crush coaster would be closed ;)