Hotel New York?

Started by PrincessA, September 07, 2013, 12:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessA

Hi everyone,

So, I've done several disney trips in my time and most of the time I stay in the Disneyland Hotel (I've done Sequoia Lodge a couple of times before though) but this time I'll be staying in Disney's Hotel New York and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts/reviews/comments about it? Or any tips maybe?

ed-uk

We've stayed there a few times, it's got more of an adult theme then the other Disney hotels, set in the New York of the 1930's. For adults travelling without children i think it has the best theming. We last stayed there about two years ago and although we didn't have dinner in the hotel they did serve a good breakfast buffet, hot and cold food. Although if i remember correctly we did have to book a time slot for breakfast which we hadn't had to do in the past. Our room was very comfortable. Because it's one of the smaller hotels like the Disneyland hotel it didn't feel crowded or busy like the Sequoia Lodge can do. I really like the hotel bar better than at the Sequoia and of course it's not so far to walk to the parks. I would happily stay there again based on my past experience. :)  It doesn't come up to the Disneyland Hotel for that extra Disney magic and romance, but i prefer it to the Newport Bay Club.
Ed & David

PrincessA

Thanks for the reply. A more grown up atmosphere sounds quite relaxing for the evening.

ed-uk

There will still be plenty of children around,  it's kid friendly like all Disney hotels I was referring more to the 1930's Art Deco design of the hotel. And it's got a conference centre. It does feel more relaxing than the SL but i prefer the price of the SL.
Ed & David

hawian rollercoaster

Anyone know where I can view the room service menu . We had room service in dlh in feb it was great the food and service was amazing.

AislingM

From what I remember in February they had some pasta dishes , pizzas , sandwiches and burgers. Never used it as the prices were insane but there was always a few trays left outside rooms so it cant be that bad
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

hawian rollercoaster

Can all guests use the gym or is this an extra ?

DLRP Roundup!

The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Queen Elsa

We stayed at the New York in September and it was lovely. We had young children with us and there were quite a few about but not too many. The food at breakfast was lovely, we did have to book a time slot but we didn't have to keep to that time which I thought was a bit odd!  we didnt order room service but we ate in the park side diner one evening and it was OK, not great though. The bar is lovely and they do some great cocktails. They have tables outside overlooking the lake and it was really nice sitting there in the evening with all the lights twinkling in the trees.mthe pool area was really nice too. Think it must be due for renovation though as some areas were a bit tatty xx

stifle

Quote from: AislingM on November 08, 2014, 09:59:50 PM
From what I remember in February they had some pasta dishes , pizzas , sandwiches and burgers. Never used it as the prices were insane but there was always a few trays left outside rooms so it cant be that bad
This was still true last month. Very simple food at inflated prices.