hotel new york buffet

Started by polar vixen, June 06, 2014, 11:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

Hi all!  We've added a extra couple of nights to our upcoming holiday, (YAY!) which has completely messed with all my well set food plans, so we need somewhere extra to eat.  We have the  half board standard plan, and are there for 9 days in total.  ( mon to the wed following) so we have 8 vouchers to use.  Our current plans are: plaza Gardens x2, restaurant des stars, la cantina, steakhouse in the village, and silver spur steakhouse.  I know we'll have to pay a little extra for some of these, but would rather not pay toooo much more, any suggestions?
We also have café mickey booked for breakfast, and buffalo bill
We are thinking of trying the hotel new York buffet, but I can't find any decent descriptions of what they have?  Does anyone know?
Also, we've tried agrabah, but with kids intolerances there was so little they could eat, it wasn't good for us.  And as much as pizza planet looks fun, when kids can't have gluten or cow's milk, it just ain't gonna work :(
So....anywhere else?Please reply asap, we go soon! ;D

sgm31

dont know about HNY but we though the best meal and selection was at La Grange in the village, lots of Tex Mex but loads of other things on the buffet to choose from.

LotsoHugginBear

Parkside Diner -  the buffet restaurant at hotel New York -  is one of the poorest buffets at  the whole resort. Only the choice of desserts is very good.
As sgm13 said better try la Grange or visit la cantina at Santa Fe or chuck wagon cafe at hotel Cheyenne. I would prefer any of them than eat again at Parkside Diner.

polar vixen

WOW! Glad I checked on here first! Ill change our reservations!

polar vixen

Yup, deffo not going for the hotel new York, so a ques about the cheyeene - is there much dessert option?  We stay at the davy crockett ranch where mains aren't too bad, but there's barely any desserts, how would it compare with the plaza gardens or restaurant des stars?
THANK YOU!!

Samninetysix

You can always rely on DLP to provide loads of desserts at the buffet options :) . Plaza Gardens is one of our favourites although one of the hot food items was a small burger, no bun just a burger served like you would a piece of rib or chicken - it was probably the worst "burger" I've ever tried, absolutely loaded with gristle bleh!, but the travers de porc, oh man I could live on those...

DLRP Roundup!

The New York buffet in the Parkside Diner has:
Pasta
Selection of Sauce
Lasagne or bolognese
Potato wedges or mickey waffles
Chips usually
Ham or Beef
Chicken of some sort
Fish of some sort
Salad bar

Desserts include yogurt, cake, biscuits and sweets.

Not the worst on site but like others have said La Grange is better.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts