Help please

Started by Antwire, June 02, 2014, 01:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antwire

Hello,

We've been to Florida many times and I've just booked our first trip to DLP for 5 nights from Oct 27th.

We're in the gfc at sl and we have free breakfast and free halfboard.

We stupidly booked it through a travel agent as opposed to direct and now I'm lost as the ta doesn't seem to know the answers to any of my questions so I'm really hoping you guys can?

With the free breakfast is this just in the hotel or could we do this in the parks or chef mickey etc? If so do I have to reserve this and how do I reserve it as part of my free allowance?

For the half board how do I make advance reservations and where is best (we will be with our 2yo so prob looking at buffets)

I read somewhere that halfboard includes a free snack is that right?

We arrive late morning and it says rooms aren't ready until3, will they allow us to check in and store our bags so we can go to the park?

On the last day we don't fly until 9pm so will they allow us to store our bags at the hotel?

Sorry for all the questions

Aurora1

Can only really answer to the luggage/ room ones:

it says check in at 3pm. Sometimes the room is ready earlier. We usually arrive beetween noon an 1pm, and we always got to go our room. If not they store your luggage at the GFC check-in-desk.

same on your departure day, they store it for you!

Have a wonderful trip!

sue81

You can eat at cafe Mickey but because it is a character breakfast you will have to pay an extra €15 per adult (not sure of cost per child). I think you can eat in the parks and I think you can request this when you check in. If there is the option to do this they can run out especially when extra magic hours are on so you might be better to check in as soon as you get there.
Reservations can be made at
Book your table at Disneyland Paris restaurants up to two months in advance by calling +33 (0) 1 60 30 40 50.
I think they only need to know you are on a dining plan when you get to the restaurant so they can tell you about the set menus that's are covered using the vouchers. You can also eat off the set menus and use the money value of the vouchers to go against the bill.
Yes you do get a tea time treat between 3&7

Antwire

That is brilliant, thank you both! I'll put it in my diary now to ring them 60 days before and see what I can do 😀

gemma2806

Yes you can store your luggage with the GFC in their check-in area and they will also take your luggage to your room for you with no extra charge. Same when you check out they will come to collect your luggage for you, it's much easier than carting it round the hotel!

You can book your meals in advance over the phone or they will do this at check-in for you. I've done both and never had a problem with securing reservations.

The GFC breakfast is in the GFC lounge/breakfast room. I have eaten in the parks in the past for no extra cost at breakfast but this option was not available when I last went. That may have been that they weren't doing it or it may be because GFC get a much quieter and cosier experience than eating in the parks for breakfast.

You get a free pastry buffet in the GFC every day between 4 and 6pm but the pause gourmande is used in the parks and has longer hours to redeem it.

Cafe Mickey is an excellent choice and for breakfast and also offers you a hot option as well as better character interaction ie more characters! There is an extra charge for this but I have always done it. If you have the time go for the first sitting at 8am and you can stay there till they finish serving breakfast at around 10:30pm. This way you can stock up on breakfast to keep you going and you also get to see the character rotation as sometimes they swap characters for the different sittings  :D

Antwire

Thanks Gemma that's great