tea time treat voucher

Started by polar vixen, May 27, 2014, 10:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyRon

Quote from: hawian rollercoaster on November 08, 2014, 12:22:59 PM
Defo with regards to cold drinks is it the bottles you get im hoping so that way you can save them for later ?

They are 0.5L bottles for all soft-drinks if I recall correctly (I am 100% certain the water is a bottle at least).  :)

hawian rollercoaster

Can you use them in all counter services or is there restrictions ?

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: hawian rollercoaster on November 08, 2014, 03:30:29 PM
Can you use them in all counter services or is there restrictions ?

No since they hand give them out anymore.
The news broke yesterday or the day before, can't recall, that there won't be any free drink vouchers anymore.
Which I already thought since we didn't get any last week.
Disneyland Paris stopped with that recently.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Queen Elsa

Quote from: hawian rollercoaster on November 08, 2014, 12:22:59 PM
Defo with regards to cold drinks is it the bottles you get im hoping so that way you can save them for later ?

Depends where you go! Some places gave us the cups with straws but others gave us bottles x

gothprincess

When I  paid for my half board plus  I was informed there were two vouchers each day one for dinner and one pause gormand so they can't just renege on the promise of the tea time treat.

polar vixen

gothprincess

They are still advotising tea time treat vouchers so maybe it's just if you got your half board free that you don't get them. It was way cheaper to book before the offer and add half board plus than to book now and take the standard vouchers.

stecal

Quote from: gothprincess on November 08, 2014, 10:56:02 PM
When I  paid for my half board plus  I was informed there were two vouchers each day one for dinner and one pause gormand so they can't just renege on the promise of the tea time treat.

I hope so too that was the main reason i decided to pay for a meal plan.

amanda08

@DLRPWanders - I think you are getting mixed up with the free drink voucher you used to get in the mornings if you bought a drink or snack. These were stopped about 4 weeks ago :'(

The PG voucher is a voucher you get with half and full board meal plans. It entitles you to a sweet snack and drink between 3 and 7pm I think

julesk

We had a nice suprise when we got our tea time treat vouchers but didnt use most of them as there really restricted. Drink of Coffee, hot choc, tea and a muffin only was all we could get. We used 2 out of the 4, when we asked for just drinks on one they looked at us like we where mad.Not all the counter services on main street take them. Good time to use them is waiting for parade, but the queues of people using them was quite bad.

pialykke

Quote from: amanda08 on November 09, 2014, 07:20:50 PM
@DLRPWanders - I think you are getting mixed up with the free drink voucher you used to get in the mornings if you bought a drink or snack. These were stopped about 4 weeks ago :'(

The PG voucher is a voucher you get with half and full board meal plans. It entitles you to a sweet snack and drink between 3 and 7pm I think

Yes, that's exactly what I think - slight confusion of terms here... We have HB plus next week, and were told when we booked it, that we would get the pause gaumande vouchers. So they are definitely still running. This gives you a tea time treat from various counterservice restaurants and cafes in the afternoon. You can check on the dining page here, which restaurants have the "tea time treat" listed. I have actually just compiled a list for when we go next week, and I have about 20 places on my list, that are open next week, that do them. Obviously more places are open in summer etc.
The drinks vouchers I think you used to get attatched to your receipt when you bought a meal at lunchtime etc. That's what we had in 2012 anyway. And they have been stopped now.

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

hawian rollercoaster

hawian rollercoaster

I read on trip advisor that some people have used them in the new york sandwich place in disney village ?

stifle

From my visit a month ago:

• Pause Gourmande vouchers are valid in the parks only (not Disney Village)
  • They are valid at indoor counter service locations only (so not March Hare Refreshments, Cool Stations, etc.) and then only where there is a specific Pause Gourmande menu option)
  • Soft drinks are normally post mix i.e. cups filled from a machine, although a few locations such as Cable Car Bake Shop do bottles
  • Snack options are quite uninspired; options I saw included brioche, brownie, muffin, pair of cupcakes, ice cream, apple strudel)

hawian rollercoaster

Whats the time frame for using these 3pm til 6pm ?