inventions or café mickey?

Started by nattylou, May 28, 2014, 11:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nattylou

We are going on 1st August,  5 days, 4 nights. We are booked into the Sante Fe and have half board standard meal vouchers (26€ per adult and 13€ per child) I think.

We are thinking of going for "a character meal" at some point, and were thinking of these 2 restaurants. Unfortunately, the reviews on here for café Mickey are not the best :-(

So, we are now thinking of Inventions.

My question is: can we use the standard meal vouchers here, and just pay the extra, and also is the lunch buffet with characters or do we have to do the dinner buffet?

Is it worth the extra for here rather than café mickey?

Thank you in advance x

Princessjo

Yep you can use the vouchers and you can do lunch...we prefer lunch as its generally quieter and you get a better character interaction

The food in inventions is very different to the pizza/chips in cafe mickey...

We always do both though as we do cafe mickey for breakfast and not had any problems  :)
Give a little whistle

sue81

We are doing the same as you but in February :)
We have booked a breakfast at Cafe Mickey though for one of the mornings rather than a lunch or dinner.
I have read on a trip report somewhere though that there isn't as much variety to the characters at inventions as there is at cafe mickey. I haven't got a clue whether this is true or not though but maybe worth a thought.
Princessjo's idea of breakfast at cafe mickey and then a lunch or dinner at inventions is a good idea though - best of both worlds  ;D

gemma2806

I'd definitely do a breakfast at Cafe Mickey as this has always been brilliant! I've always wanted to have a meal at Inventions and just missed out on my last visit. Be warned though unless it has changed since November 2013 they no longer have characters at the Inventions lunch only at the Inventions dinner which is why the dinner costs about €30 more per person!  :D

Princessjo

Oh no your right! Just checked and the characters only come for dinner and Sunday brunch...
Give a little whistle

disnick.322

We came back on Friday and if you want to do Cafe Mickey, be sure to book before hand, we went and it was fully booked for breakfast, lunch, and evening for 3 days, we managed to go on the last day, but it was poor in comparison to Inventions, the food wasn't great but ok, and the characters didn't spend long, however in Inventions the food was brilliant, the staff were all so helpful, and the best character interaction, we had 9 or 10 characters, who spent plenty of time with you, and you will get some great photos with them.  I am definitely going to do inventions again was worth every penny, sadly i can't say the same for Cafe Mickey.