Santa Fe or Cheyenne

Started by sue81, May 15, 2014, 03:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sue81

Hi
I'm looking at going to DLRP next February and I can't decide between the santa fe or cheyenne. When we've been before its been with my parents who are DVC members and we've stayed in the fancier hotels :)
My son is 2 and will be almost 3 when we go - he's very much into Cars and Nemo (at the moment)
My initial pull is to the Santa Fe and the sort of Cars theme but then looking around the pictures of the hotel doesn't fill me with excitement. The Cheyenne seems to be a lot better themed and seems to be a lot 'nicer' than the Santa fe.
What are peoples thoughts on these 2 hotels and what would you recommend?
Thanks  ;D

andlorna

Hi we also are going in Feb next year. We have booked this time to stay at the Santa Fe. We last stayed there in 2006 so are looking forward to see the changes that have been made. For the last couple of trips we have stayed in the Cheyenne and have enjoyed staying there. It has got a great western style theme to it. The rooms have one double bed and bunk beds. If your son loves cars then I think the Santa Fe will be the better option.  :D
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

WalkerboyUK

We've done Santa Fe the last 2 visits and have had no issues, but this year (only 10 days to go!) we're at the Cheyenne.

CinderellaSparkle

I've stayed at both hotels.. Santa Fe was lovely but then again the last time i stayed it didn't have the awful Cars theme to it. I have a little girl and Cars just don't do it for us :P I can honestly say i'd never go there again now because of it which is a shame. But your son would obviously.

BUT i must say, i stayed at Cheyenne for the first time last year and it is FUN! I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, we're planning on that next year actually. The theme is just so fantastic, it all looks incredible and was highly fun for me, my partner and our daughter. The rooms are nice, the buildings look great..

Cheyenne over Santa Fe anyday IMO.

sue81

Quote from: CinderellaSparkle on May 16, 2014, 02:03:20 PM
I've stayed at both hotels.. Santa Fe was lovely but then again the last time i stayed it didn't have the awful Cars theme to it. I have a little girl and Cars just don't do it for us :P I can honestly say i'd never go there again now because of it which is a shame. But your son would obviously.

BUT i must say, i stayed at Cheyenne for the first time last year and it is FUN! I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, we're planning on that next year actually. The theme is just so fantastic, it all looks incredible and was highly fun for me, my partner and our daughter. The rooms are nice, the buildings look great..

Cheyenne over Santa Fe anyday IMO.

What made it fun for you guys? Was it just the themeing and general feel of the place?

msRavenswood

I have never stayed at Santa Fe, so I don't know how much my opinion counts, but I say go for the Cheyenne. We have a great time everytime we stay there, the atmosphere is amazing from the building facades to the room interiors! The Santa Fe never appealed to me, not sure why, but I think it's the least attractive hotel of all as far as theming is concerned. Even with the theme change to Cars it still doesn't strike me as the kind of hotel I would choose for my Disney holiday. That's just my two cents, what really counts is that you will live the full Disney experience no matter which hotel you choose to stay at!  ;)

sue81

Quote from: msRavenswood on May 16, 2014, 06:06:46 PM
I have never stayed at Santa Fe, so I don't know how much my opinion counts, but I say go for the Cheyenne. We have a great time everytime we stay there, the atmosphere is amazing from the building facades to the room interiors! The Santa Fe never appealed to me, not sure why, but I think it's the least attractive hotel of all as far as theming is concerned. Even with the theme change to Cars it still doesn't strike me as the kind of hotel I would choose for my Disney holiday. That's just my two cents, what really counts is that you will live the full Disney experience no matter which hotel you choose to stay at!  ;)

See I'm the same as you. The only thing that appeals to me about the Santa Fe is the fact it's got cars theming in the rooms - apart from that it just seems like a normal undisney hotel.
It's too hard to make a choice lol  :o

msRavenswood

Quote from: suebo on May 16, 2014, 06:45:19 PM

See I'm the same as you. The only thing that appeals to me about the Santa Fe is the fact it's got cars theming in the rooms - apart from that it just seems like a normal undisney hotel.
It's too hard to make a choice lol  :o

Have you watched any videos on youtube that show the hotels? Perhaps they can help you choose.

Givemesomefin

Hi I have stayed in both hotels. The breakfast is the same in both. The only difference I would say is that the Cheyenne is a little bit closer to the parks and is well themed although if your little boy is into cars I wouldn't hesitate to stay in the Santa Fe as he will love it. Hope this helps.
Walt Disney World May 1997
Disneyland Paris Feb 2003 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Jul   2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Jul   2009 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris Oct  2011 - Santa Fe

lillianne75

We stayed in the Santa Fe in 2012 and it was lovely. We're staying at the Cheyenne in August for a change but the pictures posted on the forum by other guests look lovely. The car room theme was fun but I think the theme at the Cheyenne looks more fun overall  :)

sue81

Ahhh it's soooo hard lol!!!
I'll hunt down some videos on you tube of the hotels. I've looked on trip advisor at reviews and photos but still can't make up my mind.
I suppose which ever one we do stay at will then give me the excuse to go back to stay in the other one :)

Uragano Tati

I have stayed in both, and I really prefer the Cheyenne because I love its western theme sooo much!!
The Santa Fe is pretty nice too, it was renovated recently and as your son loves Cars my suggestion is go to the Santa Fe! Next time you can always choose the Cheyenne, eheheh!!!
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne