Breakfast in the New York hotel

Started by sarahlouise_23, May 08, 2014, 12:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahlouise_23

Hi everyone,

I'm going to Disneyland Paris for 5 days at the end of May, staying in the New York hotel. I'm very excited!  :D
I have a couple of questions about the breakfast in the New York hotel. Does anyone know what time it opens? Do you just turn up?
Thank you  :)

michellemumof2xx

Hi,

You are given a card at check in, with a time that you choose between 7am-10am. You are given a card for every morning you are there, they are all the same time. If you chose 7am but dont get there til 8, them thats still ok, the main thing is tha you hand your card in before your seated, to prove youare a guest there.

Breakfast is very good, there a few places you may be seated. We went to parkside diner which we liked the bet for atmosphere, manhattan and the conference room. All havethe same choice, its just that they spread the amount of people out over 3 rooms. If you get to parkside diner for around 6.45am, you will definatley be In there, otherwise you could be in a different room. Food is all lovely, plenty of choice, they even have activia yoghurts!!

Enjoy,
Michelle  :)
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

sarahlouise_23

Thank you Michelle!  :) That's really helpful.

captain rocket

To elaborate, the breakfast is amongst the best at DLRP! There are all the usual things like cereal, meats and cheeses, pastries fruit etc. There is also a hot selection of bacon, sausages,scrambled eggs etc! The best orange juice in DLRP and even their own honey!
My personal favourite is the Manhattan restaurant, it is very classy and there is plenty of room! The parkside diner is next on my list followed in a poor third by the conference rooms! too much like an aircraft hanger!
Have a great trip!

sarahlouise_23

Brilliant, thank you very much  :)
Are you seated according to which restaurant has the most space at the time? Can you ask to be in a particular room?

never2old

You're not always asked to choose a time slot, I think it depends on how busy the hotel is (it's been a year since we were there last, so maybe this has changed). We could also choose which restaurant to go to. A lot of people seem to go to the Parkside Diner simply because it's the first one they see, we always keep on walking and go to Manhattan. As captain rocket says it's the best  :D

Ceh

Had breakfast in the cocktail bar as well. It's fantastic!
I always thought the breakfast is the same as the Disney Hotel, isn't it?

polar vixen

Can you pay to have breakfast there?  We used to pay at the DLH but that's gone up from about 15 euros to about 33!  Would love to try it if we could (we're staying at the davy crockett ranch

Belloboy7

Hi there I will be staying in the hotel Cheyenne at the end of November and was just wondering if I could maybe  go have breakfast in the hotel New York or is there a extra charge.?

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: polar vixen on May 08, 2014, 08:05:16 PM
Can you pay to have breakfast there?  We used to pay at the DLH but that's gone up from about 15 euros to about 33!  Would love to try it if we could (we're staying at the davy crockett ranch

Polar vixen as far as I'm aware you can pay for breakfast at any of the on site Disney hotels? I've noticed the prices for the breakfast whilst staying in the sequioa/Cheyenne/and DLH but I've never actually paid separately myself.
HNY and DLH have some hot items also.

On our last visit we paid for breakfast at cafe mickey wich we've only ever ate dinner there before and we really enjoyed this. But I can't remember the prices but I think it was worth it, very quiet a lot of interaction with characters and food nice. Maybe give that a thought?

Ravenseye

Quote from: polar vixen on May 08, 2014, 08:05:16 PM

:o  33 Euros? When did you last eat breakfast at the DLH?
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

laylanmummyluvdisney

Dlh breakfast prices for non guests went up in april i think it was to aroumd €33
Hotel New York                          September 2005
Sequioa Lodge                 June 2014
Cheyenne                   October 2015

**************next trip************
Santa Fe             September 2017

cazspence

Non guests can no longer have breakfast at the DLH anymore. It happened not long after the prices went up in feb.

Livvipivvi

Quote from: cazspence on May 09, 2014, 07:24:43 PM
Non guests can no longer have breakfast at the DLH anymore. It happened not long after the prices went up in feb.

That's a shame.  I hope this does not create a problem with there being too many people in HNY. Is the HNY the only other hotel that does a warm breakfast?

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!