Rides suitable for pre-school kids

Started by Blue Eyed Angel, April 12, 2014, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Eyed Angel

We are very excited to be visiting DLP in a couple of weeks time and I am trying to work out which rides/attractions are best for my girls (aged 2 and 3). Thank you  :)

Aurora1

Pretty much all of Fantasyland. Snow White and Pinocchio are dark rides, so that depends a little, but they are not fast at all.
Pirates isn`t that fast, a little dark and has 2 drops (not steep).
Some rides have height restrictons.
At the Studios are some rides, like Tapis volants, Cars ralley.
Don`t miss Stitch live!

Best, if you are there, take a look at the rides for your self, you know your kids!

Have awonderful trip!!

moonloo

As per the previous post really, although not sure about Pirates? Guess it depends on how brave your little ones are! Playhouse Disney, or DIsney Junior Live as it's been renamed is a must!!!!!

never2old

My girl just turned three, she's done a few visits last year and she loves lots of rides!!

As Aurora1 said, Fantasyland it's great. It's a small world is one of her favourites (we usually need to do it twice or three times in a row with her); Peter Pan is another must (though multiple rides are usually not an option because of the longer lines, make sure you try going first thing in the morning, or at the end of the day, or with fastpasses). She also liked Pinocchio and Snow White, though not as much. The Teacups she also adores, and running around Alice's labyrinth. Le Pays des Contes des Fees (the storybook land with the boats) she also likes, even though I don't think she recognises many of the stories. Casey Jr she's OK with, she gets a bit scared when it goes a bit faster, but she still likes going on the train. And Dumbo of course, she loves to go flying! Oh, and her favourite by far of course is Meet Mickey Mouse!! She loves seeing the characters, and getting a hug from Mickey is one of her highlights. You can also go around the Castle, the gallery upstairs is beautiful. There's also a dragon underneath, I always take my little girl but we always end up leaving rather quickly, she gets really scared...

In other lands choices are more limited... We've done Pirates of the Caribbean a couple of times with her, first time she really enjoyed it, second time she got a bit scared... But you should definitely try it with your girls. Phantom Manor we only tried once and she didn't like it, too scary for her.

In Discoveryland she loves Buzz Lightyear's Laserblast, it's a lot of fun and we also try to do it a few times (same as Peter Pan though, it can have long lines). She also likes Orbitron, it's similar to Dumbo, though I thought it was rather faster!

Then in the Studios, there are also some great little rides to do with little ones. My girl loves the Cars one (similar to the Teacups). She also likes the Slinky ride in the Toy Story Playland. Animagique is a great show, make sure you go and see it. And Disney Jr Live on Stage, go there early (about 15-20 minutes before it's due to start) to have some time to play with princess Sofia and Jake of the Neverland pirates (my little girl only has eyes for Sofia, of course...). There's also another flying ride, the Magic Carpets; we usually do it because the line is normally quite short.

In Disneyland Park, don't forget also the Main Street vehicles (my daughter's favourite is the horse drawn carriage, but she likes them all), and the train around the park!!

And last but definitely not least, the parades, and all the shows they have going on now for the Spring festival! My daughter loves it when there's music, and characters  :D . Or just characters really. Try a few of the meet 'n' greets, and if you can go for a character meal, in Cafe Mickey or Inventions.

And Dreams!! It's probably too late in the day for them though (when we went we saw it around 20:00 so it was OK), but if they're OK with long days, it's a great show!!

Have a great time!!!  :D :D