First post, first trip, sooo many questions... Please advise if you can.

Started by Mrsya, April 04, 2014, 12:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

I hope I'm posting in the right place... I have a few questions please about our four day trip starting may 18th, staying at DCR.

1. Is it worth taking our 4 year old and 9 month old to the park during extra opening hours 8-10am?

2. Are there ever special offers for lunch with characters or should I book before we arrive for 77 euros.

3. Will my 9 month old be scared during Buffalo Bill show? Is it easy enough to make a speedy exit should she become upset?

4. Is the parade the same thing as dreams firework show? What time does this start?

5. Is it imperative that I make reservations for dinner or can you usually find a table for 4 at buffet restaurants?

Thanks in advance for any replies/suggestions.

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: Mrsya on April 04, 2014, 12:22:25 PM
1. Is it worth taking our 4 year old and 9 month old to the park during extra opening hours 8-10am?
yes, the park is alot quieter and you can do rides like the teacups , Dumbo, Peter Pan multiple times, which is almost impossible once the park opens. Also EMH is the best time to take photos, especially at the castle, where you can easily get a photo of your little ones with no one else in the background. The best thing about EMH is that you can be in the park for the rope drop at other lands. This means you can beat the crowds at general opening time and be the first on Pirates of The Caribbean for example, while the general public is still only halfway down Main Street.

2. Are there ever special offers for lunch with characters or should I book before we arrive for 77 euros.
Very rarely, generally the price for the character meals remains the same

4. Is the parade the same thing as dreams firework show? What time does this start?
No the parade is different to Dreams. The parades are usually on twice a day, the route is Main Street Central Plaza to Fantasyland and the direction alternates. The parade times are listed in a program and the themes vary depending on the time of the year. There are usually approx 5 or 6 floats with characters , dancers and music.

Dreams is the evening night time show. It is a show of music, lights, fireworks, fountains and film projected onto the castle. It is on every night, at whatever time the park closes. For example, if the park closes at 7pm, then Dreams starts at 7pm, if the park closes at 10pm, then Dreams starts at 10pm. People usually start gathering for Dreams about 1 hour before it starts.

5. Is it imperative that I make reservations for dinner or can you usually find a table for 4 at buffet restaurants?
No, this depends on how busy the park is, ie if it is during peak times. I was in DLP at Christmas and booked restaurants before I went, as I knew the park would be at full capacity. Unless it is times like Christmas, Easter or school holidays then it is perfectly fine to book restaurants when you get there. You can book restaurants either at your hotel concierge or at Town Hall.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Mrsya

glenn

I can only answer the character meal question ,on my previous visits I have booked on the morning I wanted to go and have always been given a table for the lunch or evening.
Ps
Never think that you have to have the set meals when you go for character meals you can have just the main course only, or if you don,t like anything on the main course be like me and just have two or more starters,i,ve never had problems doing this at any of the  restaurants there.

grovesie

Hi,

Bad-Pink-Tink has covered most of your questions, but Extra Magic hours is a must..... Most of the time we stayed on the ride without getting off for a second turn as there were no queue. Depending upon which hotel you are staying at you could also arrange breakfast in the park at Plaza Gardens, The hotel reception can arrange this. This avoids an early breakfast or trips to and from hotel.

Be sure to look at other threads, as you'll find out much much more information

never2old

If you're all up early, yes. As bad-pink-tink says, it's a great time to do some of the best rides multiple times, like Dumbo, Peter Pan and Buzz

I find character meals are fully booked quickly, to avoid disapointement I would book it sooner rather than later. There will be no change in the price.

3. Will my 9 month old be scared during Buffalo Bill show? Is it easy enough to make a speedy exit should she become upset?

It gets a bit dark, and there are some loud moments. If you go I would recommend you ask to sit at the end of a the table close to the stairs, to be able to leave quickly if you need to.

No, it's not the same. There's one main parade in each park; in Disneyland it's the Magic on Parade (currently it's on at 17:30 but it can change), and in the Studios it's the Stars and Cars (currently at 14:15).

This year there's also the Spring festival, with a couple of new little shows, one in Main Street and another near the Castle.

And at the end of the day, Dreams (when the park closes)  :D

You should book, it can be really busy for dinner (and lunch, if you want a buffet or table service). But as bad-pink-tink mentioned you should be OK if you book on the same day. We usually book either when we leave the hotel on our way to the park, in the hotel itself, or first thing when we get to the park, in City Hall.

Have a wonderful time!!  :D

HFJohnson

If you're looking to eat at Cafe Mickey then I would book in advance via the ADR booking line but there's no need to pay in advance. You don't have to pay for the full three course meal to eat there - you can just share a couple of pizza if you want to.

polar vixen

Bear in mind with buffalo Bills, your baby won't get a seat, but will have to sit on your lap, (which it's why it's also good to get on the ned of a row if you can, we've taken our little ones each time we've gone, and have usually slept through it!  It does get loud it points, but it's east enough to pop out if needed, have a fab time! 
It might seem really late for dreams, but stay up for it at least once - it's really worth seeing! 
My personal note - get some cheap Disney badges off ebay before you go, and put them on a lanyard for your son, they need to be proper Disney pins, but it's loads cheaper to byu a few off ebay before hand, then he can trade with cast members for ones he wants - all cast members wear lanyards with badges on which kids, and adults can trade, (much, much cheaper than buying when you get there!)  It kep our little ones quiet in the shops as while we were at the tills, they're busy eyeing up the badges rather than grabbing stuff and running off.....not that mine ever did that ::)

Mrsya

Thanks again for new replies and for the tip about disney pins and lanyard!!! I had no idea about this and my son will loooooove doing this! I've just ordered him a lanyard and a job lot of 25 disney pins for £13.50! Bargain!