Tell me about Cots and high hairs at Davy Crockett please

Started by Mrsya, April 25, 2014, 12:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Just trying to get bedding sorted. How big are the cots? Are they like travel cots or wooden with bars? Is it normally set up in double room?

Also, my little one is so dinky. What kind of highchairs do they put in the cabin as she still falls to the side in those wooden ones?

Thanks for any replies.

Princessjo

Not sure on the high chairs but we had a travel cot - the kind with blue mesh sides  :)
Give a little whistle

polar vixen

We didn't get any high chair-if you've got one you can strap on a chair they're a good idea, as far as the cot we had to set it up in the living area , and keep the bedroom dir open, their isn't enough space for it beside the bed.

Mrsya

:o  Oh noooo! We specifically stayed at Davy Crockett so the baby wouldn't be sleeping in our living space! She'll never sleep with us in the room with her! Is it not even set up when you get there then?

polar vixen

You don't want her in your room?  If you're staying up to watch tv just lay her on the bed, in the bedroom, it's not high, with a couple of cushions on either side, then put her in the cot when you're ready to go to bed.  Or put her on the bottom of the bunk bed, unless you end up in a premium cabin, (which they've done for us on a couple of occasions,) in which case you'll not have a bunk bed anyway, but 3 singles in a second bedroom.)  We enjoyed sitting outside on an evening, so if the weather's decent and you need to put her down in the cot to start with sit outside, have a glass of wine.  Or better yet,  get a firelog from homebargains, light it on the bbq stand and stand and roast marshmallows.  Nice and romantic!

Mrsya

Thanks Polar Vixen. Some good ideas. Yes, we did want her in our room, just not in the living room. We'll figure something out. It's only for four days and I think we'll probably be crashing as soon as we get back from the park!

polar vixen

in that case, another option, your bedroom will have a double bed with about a foot down each side, take our he bedside tables and push the bed right up again the wall, then use the mattress from the travel cot on the floor to make a little bed for her beside your bed in the bedroom on the floor.  Have a great time!