Uragano Tati - September 2013

Started by Uragano Tati, March 26, 2014, 03:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uragano Tati

Even the lampposts had become Halloween style!

I then took the picture I would post on the facebook page of the Italian Mickey Mouse comic.
They are already a couple of years that on the facebook page of Mickey Mouse comic you can post your vacation pictures with the comic and they are collected in a special album.
And of course I had to take a picture with the comic at Disneyland, heheh!

April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

Uragano Tati

The Halloween photolocation of Minnie was already ready:

Then we went to get the fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain.
The waiting time, however, was rather short, 20 minutes. So we joined the queue, heheh!
The photo isn't very good, however we are the two with the blue shirts in the second row!

Then we went to see how long was the waiting time for Peter Pan. Claudio wanted to ride it again because he liked it very much.
And surprise surprise, only 20 minutes!
So we joined the queue.
After a while, I received a sms from Beatrice. She told me that in a few minutes she would come to the park. I told her that we were queueing Peter Pan and in about ten minutes we would exit the attraction.
And when we came out she was there.

We went together to Star Tours that had a 10-15 minute wait.

Then we had the fastpass for BTM.
The waiting time was so short that we told Beatrice to go on it together without using our fastpass.
Beatrice told us that they were many years since the last time she rode BTM...
How can it be? BTM is the best ride! A must done!
You can't ride BTM less than 2-3 times a day!

She was a bit scared. She didn't know how it was and she was afraid that it was a roller coaster like Aerosmith.
During the short queue (less than 15 minutes) we tried to calm her.
And at the end she loved it!
Well, of course, you can't not love BTM!
At that point we went to take a seat for Dreams.
We sat in front of the castle and we started talking about Adam (our hamster).
We were there laughing when I received a sms from Marica who said that she was in front of the castle waiting for Dreams!
Where? Where?
Rapid exchange of messages and then Marica wrote me to stand up, so finally we met!
She was next to a flower bed in the middle of Central Plaza.
Beatrice and I tried the impossible: getting there!
We have recommended Claudio to defend our seats and we started our mission: there were a lot of people and it was not easy to walk!
We managed to get to Central Plaza. We should be around the right place.
We started to call "Marica"!
And finally we found her!
We talked a little, then we went back to our seats.
And we enjoyed the show for the fourth time this year!

Then we said goodbye to Beatrice who was going to take the bus to go home and we headed to the hotel.
We still had in our backpack the garlic sandwiches.
We had not had the courage to eat them! We weren't alone and it would not have been nice to have a stinking breath!
We had offered one sandwiches to Beatrice, but she thought it would be better to refuse it, hahaha!
At that point, however, we were going back to the hotel and we ate them.
They were really good. The garlic sauce was delicious.
The backpack has continued to smell of garlic and once at home I had to put it in the washing machine!

Uragano Tati

Day 7 (fifth in the park) - Friday, September 27th

We woke up and had breakfast. Unfortunately it was the last one. And for this reason even more abundant!

After breakfast we returned to our room to pack our luggage.
It was not easy at all! We had to fit everything into the trolley because in the backpack we would take with us in the park for the day, we didn't want to have unnecessary extra weight!
I sat on the trolley and I was able to close the zippers and luckily it didn't burst!
We left it in the luggage room of the hotel and we headed to the park.
We went to the Studios.
First thing we took another picture to be posted on the facebook page of the Mickey Mouse comic.

The Tower of Terror had a few minutes wait so I joined the queue.
Claudio didn't want to go on it again so he waited for me outside.
After few minutes the attraction was temporarily stopped because of a technical problem, so everybody went out of the queue.
I would try to go there later. Then we headed to Rock'n'Roller Coaster.
Claudio wanted to ride it again because he liked it a lot. And me too!
And luckily it had only 10 minutes wait.

When we came out the Rock'n'Roller Coaster we saw that the Tower of Terror had already reopened! But the waiting time was half an hour...
So we took the fastpass, I didn't want to queue that long time alone.
We took two fastpasses even if I would had ride that alone, because maybe I would have had enough time to ride it twice!

What could we do while we were waiting for the ToT?
The Stitch show was going to start in English. We had never seen it before and Beatrice had told us to go there because it was very nice.
How could we not follow her tip?
In fact, the show was very funny!
Of course it is good to know a little of English (or French)!
It was time for my visit to the twilight zone.
I took the first fastpass and I went to the entrance.
The queue was not long but I could not jump the second queue in the basement!
Usually when I go there alone I can skip at least half of the queue because they always ask if there is someone alone just to fill an empty seat. This time that I was in a hurry to try to use the second fastpass no!
I went out running, Claudio was waiting for me with the second fastpass in his hand, I took it and headed to the entrance... Arghhh!!
There was Goofy right outside the entrance and there was a huge crowd around him!
I had to hurry up because the time on the fastpass was running out... I felt as the White Rabbit... it's late, it's late!
I arrived just in time at the entrance of the Tower.
I gave the fastpass to the cast member at the entrance and he didn't even look at it!!
I ran to get there in time, he could at least check the time that was written on it!!
Of course this second ride took me much less time, 15 minutes overall. And of course while I was in the second queue in the basement the cast member asked if there was someone alone and I went ahead.

Uragano Tati

Then we moved to the main park.

There were some new Halloween decorations.

We headed to Frontierland for Big Thunder Mountain.
We took the fastpass, but unlike the other days, the time that we should return to the attraction was not an hour later, but after a few hours!!
We had already noticed that there was a lot more people than the previous days, at least the double, since the waiting times were twice longer!
The waiting time was an hour but we still joined the queue.
After all BTM worth the wait!
We also wanted to do a particular picture but the first attempt did not come good.

Then we went to Adventureland and thankfully the Pirates had the usual few minutes of waiting.
All the rest had very very long queue.
So we entered Alice's labirinth, it is always very nice!
Then we went on It's a Small World that along with the Pirates was the only ride with short waiting time.

It was time for the BTM fastpass.
But first we took another one, heheh!
Then we went to the fastpass entrance of the attraction.
This time again the picture was not good!!
The fastpass that we had taken was for 18:00, so it would be our last chance for the photo.

We wanted to eat at the Plaza Gardens for our last meal there.
We decided to eat at around 15-15:30 to avoid the crowds.
We had not booked it but I didn't think it was necessary at that time. Instead...

First, however, we did a tour along Main Street and when we arrived at Town Square, the square at the entrance of the park, we saw that they were setting the ropes because after a few minutes the twentieth anniversary train would come out.
Since we were there we stopped to see it. We were right in the front row. These were the last times that the train came out. In fact from September 30th the celebration for the twentieth anniversary would be officially over and that train would be replaced by something else.
After a few minutes the music started, the doors opened and the train appeared!
As it passes I always greet the characters, but this time an amazing thing happened!
Claudio greeted Pluto!!
Yeahhhh!! The Disney magic has finally infected him!!

Then we had a nice walk along the Discovery Arcade, one of the covered walkways along Main Street.
We stopped at every single window to see the bizarre inventions showed there.
And what did we see?!
A kind of game with "Debs" written on it! A short form for my name, heheh!! (Deborah)

Uragano Tati

We arrived in front of the Plaza Gardens at about 15:00, but there was still some queue... We had to wait for about 45 minutes!!
We ate so much and everything was very good. The Plaza Gardens never disappoints!

Claudio also took a kind of snail from the buffet!

At around 16:30 the queue at the entrance was completely gone.
If only we had known that before we would have gone to eat a little later!

Uragano Tati

We left the restaurant a little later than 17:00 while the parade was going on.
A great chance for a last ride on Buzz Lightyear that had only 10 minutes wait during the parade.
Claudio made the highest score he had ever done before becoming a first class Ranger!

You can seen how he takes that mission seriously!

I did a bad score, but there's a reason.
Along the way I realized that I could see the stamps I had on my hand, those that are made at the exit of the park for re-admittance and that could be seen only with ultraviolet lights.
I don't think that we need those stamps because with our tickets we have always entered and left the parks several times without problems and without showing the stamps.
However they were five days that we had our hands stamped when we moved from one park to the other.
The thing that surprised me was that I could see several stamps on my arm!! And only one was made on that day!
Some of them were faded.
Every morning I took a shower... What kind of ink do they use for those stamps?!
When I came home I went on washing my arms very strongly for some days, hahaha!

At the exit of Buzz I found the sms from Beatrice saying that she was coming to the park.
So we met in Discoveryland.
We had not yet gone to Captain Eo that day.
Claudio definitely wanted to go there and so we went with Beatrice.
And it was right to go there. It would be the last chance ever since it was rumored that towards February-March they would have definitely taken this film away.
This time there was a lot more people to Captain Eo too, even though the theater was far from being full!
But at least we were not the only ones who applauded at the end!

We wandered a bit in the park searching for an ultimate secret: the protagonist of CinéMagique that should be on the Titanic paint at the entrance of Liberty Arcade. He is very small and not very clear, however it might just be him!

Uragano Tati

Beatrice wanted to go again on Big Thunder Mountain, she had enjoyed it a lot, so we went to see how long was the waiting time but it was over an hour.
We had the fastpass.
Claudio had offered his fastpass to Beatrice but she said that we had to go there because it was our last chance for this vacation.

And finally we were able to take the wanted picture!!

It has been really hard to kiss in the moment of the shot!
The photo is taken just on the way down and all the times we got separated!
Then we went with Beatrice on the Pirates and we were in the front row!!

It was then time for Dreams.
There was definitely a lot more people than the previous days.
We decided to watch the show from a different angle this time.
So we sat on the ground almost in the first row at the Royal Castle Stage on the right side of the castle.
It was really nice to see it from there.
It has a completely different perspective. Of course, the images projected on the castle can't be appreciated as they are from the front, however we had a beautiful view of the fountains and the effects of lights on the water!

Dreams finished and it was time to say goodbye to the park.
I liked in the previous evenings going out of the park and greeting the cast member saying "Au revoir. A demain!". This time it was only "Au revoir".
We returned to the hotel Cheyenne to collect the trolley.
And I realized that I hadn't yet bought the postcards!!
So I went in the hotel shop and got 3 postcards.
I went to the pay desk and I told in English to the cast member that I needed 3 stamps for Italy. The cast member asked me in Italian where I was from exactly. She was Italian too! And she had studied in Bologna!
Well... it's a small world after all!
Then we went to the station to take the RER to Val D'Europe.
One stop and few minutes later we had arrived.
And the Hotel Ibis Val D'Europe that we had booked for the night was just outside the RER station!
I wrote the postcards and then we went to sleep.

Uragano Tati

Day 8 - Saturday, September 28th

We woke up. The plan was to go for a walk in the huge shopping center and outlet, then take the RER A to return to the Disneyland station and from there go to the airport. The flight was at 13:30.
I wanted to try the TGV, which takes only 10 minutes from the park to the airport, but the cheap trains (€ 17.50 per person) were either at 9:00 or 12:00, if I remember correctly, too early and too late, especially considering that the trains were almost always delayed by half an hour. The 11-11:30 train costed almost € 30 per person.
So we had decided that we would take the Vea shuttle which cost 20 euro per person and it would take about 45 minutes, an hour. At the end it was cheaper.
We looked out of the window and it seemed that we had fallen into the depths of winter! The sky was gray and it was raining with a very strong and cold wind!
We looked each other and we said:
"Are we really sure we want to go around the shopping center and the outlet in this bad weather?"
"Oh, well, even no! We come here quite often, we could have the chance to visit Val D'Europe another year!"
So we got ready with calm, we packed our bags and we went to take the RER A.
But first we took some pictures at the hotel room:

This hotel was much nicer than the one in Paris. But this was an Ibis, while the one in Paris was an Ibis Budget, the cheaper version.
There was no closet either, but at least there were some shelves and the bedside tables where we could put things on!
Even the bathroom was much nicer.

We arrived at the Disneyland station and it was almost 9:00. We could be in time to take the cheap TGV! Then we would had a few hours to spend at the airport, but after all Charles de Gaulle is so big and there are so many things that we wouldn't certainly be bored!
The TGV was delayed by 20 minutes. Perfect!
We bought the tickets and shortly after the train arrived.
In 10 minutes we were at the airport.
We walked around the shops and then we sat down to eat the sandwiches with Nutella I prepared the day before during breakfast!
While we were there a lady came to us: she was the lady who was sitting next to us on the plane when we flew from Bologna to Paris! She was returning to Bologna that day too and she had the same place of the previous flight! We would see us later on board.
Meanwhile, it had also stopped raining.

Then we went to the security checks.
Last year I had forgotten to take out both the liquids bags from our backpack but we were not told anything.
This year at Bologna airport I left again both fluids bags in the backpack and we were not told anything.
So this time I had left them both there again, I thought that it would be okay!
But no!!
They not only stopped us, they took out everything from our backpack to check what was inside!! They even opened the medicines pouch (all tablets, no liquids), and the Nintendo DS!
We hadn't the official liquids bags, but two transparent bags that can be closed, one slightly larger and one smaller than what they were supposed to be. I always filled the small bag while left the bigger one half empty, just to be sure.
The woman at the security check put all our liquids in two official bags.
And she kept looking at a 100 ml tube of hand lotion for ages.
The containers of liquids can not be larger than 100 ml, I knew that, I had brought that lotion for just this reason, but that woman went on reading the label for several minutes! It says that it is 100 ml, it won't grow up!!
Anyway, I'm glad she gave us the official bags, in this way for the next time it will be easier to decide what to bring and what not. Until now I had always took less things than I could to avoid problems.
We spent a lot of time to put all the stuff again inside the backpack. We had to put everything in the right order or we woudn't be able to close it anymore! Luckily we had time!

During the flight we had a chat with the lady next to us.
She was French but she had married an Italian man. She went for a week in France to visit her parents who live near Paris.
Then she asked us if we live in the center of Bologna, and when we said that we live in Pianoro, she replied: "Me too!"!
She told us that she had already seen Claudio somewhere. It wasn't strange, Claudio lives in Pianoro since 30 years, I live there since a lot less time!
And Pianoro is a pretty small town.
Then she asked us where we work. At the moment we are both unemployed, but Claudio has previously worked for several years in one of the bars of the stadium in Bologna, at the Motor Show, and for some time at the Sayerlack, a paint factory in Pianoro.
And she said: "I work at the Sayerlack!"!
Ok, now I have the proof: it is really a small world after all!!

The flight took off on time but landed in advance. My parents had to come and pick us and they had even not arrived yet!
In Bologna it was very hot and we were wearing quite heavy clothes!
We took Adam and went back home already thinking about our next Disneyland holiday!!

BlackPearl

Great trip report and wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing!

disnick.322

A fantastic trip report, brilliant pictures, makes me even more excited for my trip in May  :)

Uragano Tati

Thank you BlackPearl and disnick.322!! I'm glad you liked it!!  :D
Have a great holiday disnick.322!!! You will find the Spring festival and it seems soooo beautiful!!! I am already thinking about going in may 2015!!

ilovemainstxxx

just sat and read all your report and it was wonderful....and great pics too...
we were there in September but the beginning so missed the Halloween things but it looked great...
making me more excited for our upcoming trip in July reading all these reports...
glad you had a great time... :) [size=78%]  [/size]

seraphelle

A wonderful trip report and beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing it all with us  ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Mileto

Great, great trip report! Thank you, Uragano Tati, for sharing with us your happiness day by day.
It was so pleasant to read it and see the pictures, your faces!
When is your next trip?  ;)

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Uragano Tati

Sorry, I haven't seen the latest post!
Thanx a lot to you all!!! It was a pleasure to share my report. I love reading trip reports, it makes me feel like being in the park! And I like writing mine, so I can remind the good time and the magic! It is only quite hard to translate everything in English, ahahah!!!!
Mileto, my next trip? I would like to go at the end of november. I'd love to see all the Christmas decorations and parade and so on. I am already looking for a good offer. On the Italian Disneyland site (as well on the English and Irish and others too) there is the very good offer with 2 days and 2 nights free for the winter season.
But this time I would like to stay 7 nights and 8 days (or maybe only 6 nights and 7 days, but not less) so that offer isn't good (it is the best offer for a 4 nights 5 days stay, which means a discount of around 45%, but a much worse discount for a longer stay). I am waiting for a 40% (or at least 35%) discount. Last year it was on the French site.
There are still no winter offer on the French site. I hope that they will come out soon!! Finger crossed!!!