Wasps in DLP?

Started by Livvipivvi, March 10, 2014, 07:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livvipivvi

Hiya,

Was just wondering what DLP is like for wasps?  We are going at the end of May so I'm hoping that there won't be many about.

Our 6 year old DD is frightened of them, so we tend to avoid problem areas (UK theme parks being the worst) during the peak wasp period of aug-sept, choosing to travel to these kinda places in the spring, when theres less about and the wasps are more relaxed.  But what is DLP like, has anyone found them to be a problem there?

TIA  :)  x

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

DisneyManiac

Yep there are wasps in DLP but they have traps setup in trees to ward them away from park guests.

moonloo

Wow, thats cool that they have sneaky disney ways to keep the bad stingy things away!!

Zee79

I absolutely hate wasps, I myself wont go to UK theme parks during the warmer months because of them but i'm quite calm in DLP, even in some eating places i'm great, so don't worry and enjoy yourselves.

Livvipivvi

Okies thanks both,

That's a good point about the flowers that will be in the spring festival displays.  Thank you for the tip, will definitely use the arcades instead of the main street if they do turn out to be a problem  :D

Ooh thats good news DisneyManiac  :D .

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

Livvipivvi

Quote from: Zee79 on March 10, 2014, 08:58:07 PM
I absolutely hate wasps, I myself wont go to UK theme parks during the warmer months because of them but i'm quite calm in DLP, even in some eating places i'm great, so don't worry and enjoy yourselves.

That's great news  :) , I'm so relieved to hear this, as will all the other people in DLP that would otherwise have to suffer my DD screaming like crazy every time she sees something flying lol.  She gets so wound up, she gets upset even if she sees a fly because she thinks everything is a wasp.  I don't know why she is so bad, I don't like wasps, but I just brace myself and suffer in silence. I don't scream or flap because I know it'll just make the wasps worse and I don't want to scare the DD's. Our 13 year old really isn't bothered and she's been stung in the past (Westmidlands Safari Park, another nightmare place), but Livvi our 6 year old is crazy  :'(

ford prefect

My son, then 6, was stung whilst queuing for flying carpets.  Took him the first aid unit and they treated him perfectly. 2 mins later he was back to normal, happy as larry!

First aid is located at Studio Services (right hand side of the courtyard as facing sorcerer mickey statue in Place des Freres Lumieres

In Parc Disneyland first aid is at the castle end of Main Street on the right as you face the castle near the toilets.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Ravenseye

Happy to say we have never had a prob with wasps at DLP, but I had an allergic reaction to (what we assume was) a mozzie bite after an summer eve in Frontierland, and the first aid staff were great at sorting it out so I could enjoy the rest of the holiday  ;D
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Samninetysix

Sadly you're always going to get wasps at DLRP especially in the spring and summer, the problem is you have masses of flowers combined with all kinds of foodstuffs that wasps just love, all the sweets, candy floss, hot dogs, fizzy drinks etc are a magnet to the little horrors. Have to say tho, in the 22 years we've been going, non of us (3) have ever been stung