HALLOWEEN 2014 ????

Started by amee, February 09, 2014, 03:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amee

Hi we are planning a halloween trip this year and were wondering exactly when the halloween festivities begin e.g. decorations, villain characters etc. the earlier the better any info would be very much appreciated thanks.

Uragano Tati

I don't know the exact date, but at the biginning of october.
They start put on all the decorations late september, and the halloween season starts early october with all the decorations in the parks, the halloween parade and so on.
The 1st october is a wednesday, so maybe they will wait till the weekend for the official start. But by the 4th october it will for sure!
The decorations in the Village usually come a little later, around the middle of october.
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

Aurora1

that sounds about right! Would think so too!

DisneyManiac

wouldn't it be good if Stitch took over Disneyland Park again, but this time he took over the whole resort including the hotels or instead of Stitch it could be the Pumpkinmen

BoristheSpider

When is the best time to book for October/Halloween? Will there be deals closer to or best to book early?x

seraphelle

We were there on the 3rd October last year and the whole park was already decorated and the Halloween Parade was running if that helps, so looks like they get it started pretty early although I did see posters that said from October 5th....so maybe we were the guinea pigs and got to see the first few performances  ;D
We booked ours last year quite late on around July and managed to get quite a good deal as we had some cash put by for it. This year however we booked really early in order to pay it off over a longer period as we want to stay a bit longer, and we've been given the deal that was on at the time and our travel agent got us a good price on a half board meal plan. It depends on whether you can hold out - personally since visiting for the first time last year, I am WORSE and I just wanted this years trip booked so I knew for sure we were going back  :-[ ::) :D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

julesk

We booked Halloween 2014 last summer (2013) when it was 2 nights free yet the price is as good as the same now based on the current offer so I would book anytime. The halloween party tickets have been on sale since last year so you can book them at the same time. I added mine on over the phone and they sorted it in minutes. This will be our first halloween, cant wait. Done every other season inc xmas.  :D

BoristheSpider

I really want to do Halloween or Christmas, I can't decide.. I'm edging for Halloween though!

SpinkyMinky

is there different Halloween party's? I know there's a main one on Halloween but I read some where there's a more adult one with scare zones and things?  :o

BoristheSpider

I don't think that one happens anymore. Terrorific x

SpinkyMinky

Aww that's a shame my husband would have loved it :)

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: BoristheSpider on February 28, 2014, 06:34:10 PM
I don't think that one happens anymore. Terrorific x

You never know. Between the first and second edition, there was also a year without it.
So just because there was no Terrorific Night last year, doesn't mean it's not returning this year.

I personally hope it returns, I've experienced the first and second edition of the Terrorific Night and they were both amazing!
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''