Those little touches

Started by captain rocket, February 22, 2014, 11:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

I thought it might be fun to start a thread with peoples observations of the little details that make Disney so much better than other parks!
I will start of with a couple.
In Buzz Lightyear the batteries that appear throughout the ride have "Made in Glendale California" on them.
In Toy Story Playland the Tinker toys (The american link together discs and straws all around the area) have copyright 2010 Hasbro inc on one of the discs near Slinky dog. 2010 was, of course, the year that TSPL opened.
There must be hundreds more, which is your favourite?

gemma2806

Mine is less little but glaringly obvious! I just love the natural beauty of the main Disneyland Park. I feel that the effort put into the foliage, topiaries and green spots are just amazing and that there is more of it in this park than others.  :D

captain rocket

You are absolutely right! What a pity they did'nt continue the work in the Studios!

DisneyManiac

Quote from: captain rocket on February 22, 2014, 09:11:48 PM
You are absolutely right! What a pity they did'nt continue the work in the Studios!

I wouldn't say that if I were you, the Tower of Terror has a lot in it, especially the Lobby, here's the little touches: Look at the abandoned items that were left on tables settees and the Guest Registration desk, each section of items tell a story, for example: there maybe a half drunk cup of tea left by a guest after evacuating the hotel.
See it's all in the details...

BlackPearl

Mine isn't visible  ;D - it's the background music in the park. I just love it. It's so well themed.

captain rocket

Disneymaniac. If you follow the thread you will see that my comment was in answer to the post by Gemma2806 about the GREEENERY in Disneyland Park as opposed to the swathes of concrete in the studios!
I agree that the imagineers have done a good job on Tower of terror, but the Studios are not a welcoming sight to me, I usually only spend half a day at most here because of it's utilitarian look.

ford prefect

There are so many. I love so many that it is had to choose a favourite.  So, I will pick one at random and say the bird cage in Walts.  It makes me think of the creativity involved in animatronic art.

Then we have the audio track outside corner deli.  I feel so sorry for the music teacher!

The artwork on the rear wall of Chapperell theatre. So often missed.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

DisneyManiac

Quote from: captain rocket on February 23, 2014, 10:14:18 AM
Disneymaniac. If you follow the thread you will see that my comment was in answer to the post by Gemma2806 about the GREEENERY in Disneyland Park as opposed to the swathes of concrete in the studios!
I agree that the imagineers have done a good job on Tower of terror, but the Studios are not a welcoming sight to me, I usually only spend half a day at most here because of it's utilitarian look.

Ooohhh... Right... What about Toy Story Playland?

DisneyManiac

The Little Touches of Main Street USA

Go to local businesses down Main Street USA and listen, for example: The Dentist - Stand outside and hear a dentist performing a quite painful tooth extraction on a patient.

alternativerock123

I have to agree and say the music / sound effects. Everything is placed perfectly so you could move about 2 steps and hear something new. Even in each land and how they perfectly separate each mini section with a good blend of music.

But the little things like horse shoes and stuff like. But anything that makes me go: "Huh, look at that!" Or someone points it out to me are just perfect. =]
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

pialykke

I watched a documentary on BTM - and I never realised, that all the props are REAL - every little bit has been found either on auction, jumble sales, donated etc. but has all been used in or around the mines. I thought that was amazing!

Apart from that, I have to agree, the background music! Everything is timed to perfection. I love it!

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe