Travel insurance

Started by DisneyQueen, February 11, 2014, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyQueen

Hi all :)

Does anyone have a travel insurer they would kindly recommend? We're travelling by Euro star so need it to include prebooked travel too I guess. I'm clueless about this bit so any advice is greatly appreciated

haribosmum

I used www.holidayextras.co.uk was one of the most reasonable I found (I have medical condition I need to declare). 
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

daddyof2

I've used the Post Office insurance before, very reasonable prices. Just one thought for anyone that doesn't consider this - if, say you book your travel and hotel separately, then the travel company is only obliged to compensate you for your travel, not any missed "holiday". This is the same for any package deal against a "do it yourself" trip.

moonloo

I went through a comparison website as suggested on moneysavingexpert.co.uk. It allows you to add bits and take stuff off. Eg I didnt want winter sports as part of the pacckage but did want cover for missed/delayed departures etc.
Through using this I went with Virgin in the end, the children are free, it has really good cover and was£15.00.