can i just say...

Started by clarybell, January 28, 2014, 02:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarybell

OMG i am soooo excited. i cannot wait to have our dates confirmed. i think i am more excited than the kids. i keep saying to my 5 yr old "gues we are goin?" and she rolls her eyes and says "disney! now stop telling me!" lol. think she is getting annoyed with me. but i am so excited i dont know whether to cry or scream.

just wanted to share that with you all. feel so much better now i have let that out. :P

SGregory27

You are not alone. We are off in 61 days with DDs 5yrs & 2yrs and can't wait. Yes we took them last year for the first time, but this time we are going with both grandmothers, one of which had never been.

I, like you, can't wait. I have made list of things to take written and on the fridge.

We booked back at the start of August and it's seem to be taking forever to get to the 31st March. 5yr old can't wait like me and as for the 2yr she was so young last year she didn't even pay much attention to it all, but this year she is Minnie Mouse Mad and even recognizes the Disney logo.

I think the old Disneyland Paris TV advert when the parents are in bed saying they can't sleep because they are too excited and the kids saying we heard that is sooooo me. :D

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

never2old

Quote from: SGregory27 on January 28, 2014, 03:12:09 PM
I think the old Disneyland Paris TV advert when the parents are in bed saying they can't sleep because they are too excited and the kids saying we heard that is sooooo me. :D

I think many of us recognise ourselves in that advert  ;)

clarybell

Funny you should mention that advert. In bed the other night i tapped my hubby on the arm to wake him up to tell him i was excited only for him to tell me to eff off. N my daughter has just told me to shut up about it. Lol

SVioletS

I am more excited than my DD's for sure!
I mean, they don't even know we're going! Ahahah

And it's been so hard not to tell them!! Eldest one, keeps asking "mummy can we go in the Summer? Please, come on!" and i just tell we can't go in the summer, we can't afford (and think to myself, yep we can't really, we're going in April!), or she starts talking about her birthday party and i'm like "oh maybe we can't have a party this year, your birthday is during Easter holidays"... poor thing!
Even the little one, she can't remember our trip from last year, but the other day she saw some youtube videos of DLP and she came to me and asked "can we go to Mickey's house? Can we go do Disney?"

I have 2 more months of this!! how will i hold without telling them i dont know, i guess i just have to imagine their faces once we're on the plane and we give them the surprise bag with all Disney stuff! ;)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

ilovemainstxxx

i totally agree with everyone , im just so excited , it will be our 14th time now and everytime im more excited than the last... ;D ;D ;D

there is an advert on at the min all the time for another holiday that uses the song echo beach ,
well my 9 year old son has changed the words and goes round allday singin

my job is very boring im an office clerk , the only thing thing that helps me pass the time away is knowing that were going to the santa fe.... :)  so even that advert gets us excited now aswell ...haha

just counting down the days now...carnt come soon enough

SGregory27

Quote from: SVioletS on January 28, 2014, 04:55:31 PM

I have 2 more months of this!! how will i hold without telling them i dont know, i guess i just have to imagine their faces once we're on the plane and we give them the surprise bag with all Disney stuff! ;)

Didn't tell our then 4yr about her first trip last year. We went by Eurostar from Ashford and it wasn't until we were stood on the platform and they said the train now approaching the platform was to Disneyland Paris did she know. At which point I busted into tears as she leaped up and down saying thank you thank you.

2016-Cheyenne
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

SGregory27

2016-Cheyenne
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

nattylou

6 months and 1 day til we go!  Sounds like ages, but it will soon come round, and when you break it down, it's only 181 days which doesn't sound a lot really.  I am MADLY excited, and SO need to calm down.  Goodness knows what I'll be like nearer the time  ;D

haribosmum

me and dd (6) spent this morning counting the days between us - only 17 sleeps now!  i'm lucky she's just as excited.   it's gonna be a longer time till our next visit (I'm due our 2nd in April so want him to be a bit older before we return).  gonna start saving to see if can justify going back to the pink hotel. 
I think as adults we appreciate how much it all costs etc and how big a holiday it is, even if just a few days away.  to the kids it's just a great place to go!
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

sarahh83

13 days for us!!! im beyond excited but we havent told our little boy this time so im having to seriously contain the excitement haha

we arent telling him, going see how close we get to DLP before he realises xx
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

clarybell

oh wow! glad its not just me then.

how you all manage to keep it a secret i'll never know.
i am now banned from asking ' guess where we are going?'  :(  so will just have to image it all in my head.

i love that advert - its a really old one as well.

we did the see how close we can get thing when we went to legoland once but cos we have been lots of times our eldest knew the way so it didnt quite work out, however last time we went we stayed in the legoland hotel, so that was really cool to see their faces then.

god i am sooooo excited. ;D

SVioletS

I really dont know how i will hold up for over two more months!!! Time doesn't seem to pass!!

I just wished i could get all final details aligned (Restaurant reservations; Adding HB Plus to our booking; see the possibility to add an extra night and/or upgrade our standard room; finding out the theme for Inventions...)

Just waiting for a new offer to come to see about our booking; and wait a few more weeks for our ADR's.

And all along just keep it to myself, DH cant hear me talk about anymore lol!

Also today i got a Disneyland Paris original Minnie dress for my 3 year old, Minnie ears included, for a (small) fraction of the price! :D

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

SGregory27

Got 5y a jasmine outfit as I thought it would be better than a dress if cold/wet plus she can wear it over legging and a top and got the 2yr a reduced ladybird dress yes its red with black spots but with the Minnie ears we got last year you wouldn't notice.

Oh by the way 2 months today and we'll be there.

Can't wait.  ;D ;D

Hope weather better than it is today

2016-Cheyenne
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL