Cafe Mickey vrs Inventions?

Started by Nicknocks, January 27, 2014, 02:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicknocks

We are going half board plus at the moment but as its my birthday while we are there I though it would be nice to eat in cafe mickey with all the characters etc. Thing is I have since read some bad reviews about it. My DS is only 2 so is not included on our meal plans and depending on his mood we would have to buy him a separate meal. 

The other possibility would be to go to inventions for dinner. From what I have read I could use the value of the vouchers and just pay the extra.  Is inventions really worth the extra compared to what you get a cafe mickey?

haribosmum

for me yes it really is.  I've done both in previous years but would choose inventions every time.  plus as it's a buffet your little one could have as much or as little as he likes.  we're doing it in a couple of weeks and just using the voucher at face value.  we'll pay the extra and for drinks but the pace of the meal is much calmer and it is just lovely to be in the Pink hotel too. 
I was a bit disappointed with the menu on the half board plus last year and although CafĂ© Mickey is fun (think American diner with characters), the interaction in inventions just felt more special and I prefer the food. 
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

SVioletS

I've never been to Inventions, but i'm planning on doing both on our next trip: Cafe Mickey for our first night and Inventions Sunday Brunch for DD's birthday. We will also have HB Plus, which we will use towards payment both times (paying the difference if necessary!)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

dhidra

Well seeing as you wod have to pay for a meal for your 2yo in cafe Mickey, i think you would be better off going to I be fiona where he can eat for free. The food is fab in Inventions, and it's a lovely restaurant.
You could always go to Cafe Mickey another day.... :)
1st visit - May 1992 - Hotel Santa Fe - age 9!
2nd visit - March 2005 - day trip
3rd visit - July 2006 - Hotel Santa Fe
4th visit - March 2012 - Disneyland Hotel
***5th visit May 2014 - Hotel New York***

julesk

Inventions each and everytime. Cafe Mickey can get very stressful, Inventons is amazing  :)