The Princess and the Frog (Disney 2009)

Started by Kristof, March 10, 2007, 12:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peep

Wow it was really nice to see some of those images.

I just checked out the three videos on the official site and they were great, lovely little insight into the history of the people working on it, a bit about the Disney legacy and a lovely little piece about the guy animating the new Princess. Watching those just got me really excited about this film. December can't come quick enough :P
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Pete's Dragon

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/brewtv/princessandfrog.html

Check this out, it's a behind the scenes featurette, called 'Conjuring the Villian'

peep

Wow, this makes me really really happy, a decent villain! :D

It was a great video, thanks for the linkage! I saw a bit of Genie come through at one point and he also reminds me of that character in the Bond film, Live and Let Die.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Soap

Great voice choice! Creepy, but sooo smooth nonetheless.
And yes, a touch of the Genie is noticable, sweet!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

luke85

Thanks for posting that link! Every clip I see of this film just gets me more and more excited!

Aveen2008

wow the trailer looks great, I love the colours and animation, they look great! I can't wait to see this film, I think I will be a fan hehe! :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

Anthony

Art of Disney Animation has been updated with a nice preview showing more shots, although it's yet another Lasseter-fronted deadpan "I'm SO excited about this..." / "It's all about story" featurette.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"Art of Disney Animation has been updated with a nice preview showing more shots, although it's yet another Lasseter-fronted deadpan "I'm SO excited about this..." / "It's all about story" featurette.

Ant have you ever thought he is actually genuinely excited about the movie? After all its the first hand drawn animation to come from Disney since he re-opened the department!

And he may comment on and on about the story... But without a good story which shows the development and emotions of the character the animation itself is useless... That's why Pixar have been so successful great stories... Come on Even reading about Up I get goosebumps and teary eyed!

Anthony

Oh I'm sure he is very excited about the movie... he just never seems to be all that thrilled having to do these identical VTs over and over again, rolling out the same Disney management-approved soundbites. I don't blame him.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"Oh I'm sure he is very excited about the movie... he just never seems to be all that thrilled having to do these identical VTs over and over again, rolling out the same Disney management-approved soundbites. I don't blame him.

He is a rather busy man remember Ant! You take into account he's running 2 of the worlds Greatest Animation Studios... then he's also trying to add adventure to Resprts on 3 Continents... Add in the Acquisition of Marvel...  He's been labeled harder to get an audience with than the Pope!

He may not sound thrilled... but he's trying to improve the quality of life for the animators at WDAS so that they don't churn out cheep rubbish and make each movie on their reels Oscar nominated.

-breeno-

I've just been reading through this and i noticed that a full list of the voice actors hasn't been listed.  Should i do the honours? :P

Quote from: "IMBD.com"Terrence Howard ...  James
 Keith David ...  Dr. Facilier
 John Goodman ...  Eli 'Big Daddy' LaBouff
 Bruno Campos ...  Prince Naveen
 Oprah Winfrey ...  Eudora
 Jim Cummings ...  Ray
 Anika Noni Rose ...  Princess Tiana
 Jenifer Lewis ...  Mama Odie
 Jennifer Cody ...  Charlotte LaBouff
 Elizabeth M. Dampier ...  Young Tiana
 Jerry Kernion ...  Mr. Fenner
 Michael Colyar ...  Buford
 Breanna Brooks ...  Young Charlotte LaBouff
 Ritchie Montgomery ...  Reggie
 Peter Bartlett ...  Lawrence
 Michael-Leon Wooley ...  Louis

Ok now not really the true reason i'm here.  The real reason is because i just found out who the person doing the voice for the main villian is, and how right Disney have got it.

For those who don't know who Keith David is, he's responsible for quite a few video game voices (and my personal favourite voice actor).  Fans of the Saints Row and Mass Effect video games will know him better as Julius Little and Captain Anderson, but others may know him better as the cat from Coraline (although if the trailers are anything to go by he sounds completely different.  Disney really couldn't have chose a better person for Dr. Facilier.  His voice just fits the character's look perfectly!

Finally i have found something that makes me look forward to this! :P (although hearing him as a villian is going to be strange, as i know him more as the main character's friend and boss turned traitor :lol: )
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Soap

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Rorschach

It hope it is as good as it looks :D

-breeno-

That new trailer looks great!! :mrgreen:   I could really see this becoming a Disney classic and bring back the glory days of Disney animation.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

luke85

Quote from: "-breeno-"That new trailer looks great!! :mrgreen:   I could really see this becoming a Disney classic and bring back the glory days of Disney animation.
You took the words right out of my mouth! I'm so excited about this film!  :D