The Princess and the Frog (Disney 2009)

Started by Kristof, March 10, 2007, 12:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Truly beautiful. They couldn't have chosen a better character or setting to bring back traditional animation with.

I'm just annoyed again that it's released here 19th February 2010, rather than Christmas 2009. February half term must be a really big time for animation box office?

howtodeal

I heared that Fox had decided to release Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 on Christmas day too  :evil:

Owain

Quote from: "howtodeal"I heared that Fox had decided to release Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 on Christmas day too  :evil:

Tough competition  :roll:

Kristof

Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen are already part of the Royal Family!  :mrgreen:

Source

Captain Pan

Well isn't that a nice little warm up for fans before Up's US release and its showcase as a feature teaser trailer! Its a nice little addition.

Looks like When it comes to giving their autographs these days the Princesses have chosen their implement of choice!
Quote from: "Kristof"
[/url]

A Sharpie Permanent Marker... :P

Ok that may not be funny but I did notice it.  :oops:

DLP-Photos.com

The still that you posted on the previous page Captain Pan is so beautiful - this really looks like a proper revival for Disney's classic 2D animation, which will also be the true magical way of making animated features. It just has something more beautiful than the CGI animations, which are truly stunning but still not the real deal for me.

I cannot wait to see more from this and by the way it is nice to that already is branded along the classic princesses. Thanks for the picture Kristof!
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Anthony

:shock: The trailer.

[youtube:3t8xdhrq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6DmEgtibOg[/youtube:3t8xdhrq]
 :shock: Gasp.

Captain Pan

Oh My Good Golly Gosh... What a Trailer

The hand drawn section to open it... which was mezmerising... I am amazed just looking at it...

It kind of lets you know that Lasseter has taken Disney back to where the Animators want it to go...Hand Drawn Classics

Story twist is great... and Now I wonder how long the delay is Between the US December Release and the UKs....

Now I think we have a Fight on our hands for Animation at the Oscars... Up vs The Princess and the Frog...

I wouldn't bet on Ice Age or Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs or that Monsters Vs Aliens...

But would split my bet against Disney and Pixar and the two movies!

luke85

What a great trailer, I am SO excited about this film!! I just hope we don't have to wait too long after it gets its release in America!

Captain Pan

Quote from: "luke85"What a great trailer, I am SO excited about this film!! I just hope we don't have to wait too long after it gets its release in America!

Just checked on it... Imdb.com Slates UK Release as

February 12 2010... Just in time for Half Term and Valentines Day... (There's Wendybird1's treat Sorted between the UP DVD and all!)

The Butlin Boy

Whoa, I was not expecting to see that. The trailer looks superb :mrgreen: It's good to see that Disney is looking back at its roots, to the films that made it what it is today. Now all we have to do is wait and see whether this has a true classic Disney status (and it's going to be a long wait :roll: )

luke85

Quote from: "Captain Pan"
Quote from: "luke85"What a great trailer, I am SO excited about this film!! I just hope we don't have to wait too long after it gets its release in America!

Just checked on it... Imdb.com Slates UK Release as

February 12 2010... Just in time for Half Term and Valentines Day... (There's Wendybird1's treat Sorted between the UP DVD and all!)
Oh good, that's not that long to wait after the US release, I cannot wait to see it! Thanks for the info :)

Riebi

Wow! What a great trailer! I´m now sooo excited!  =D>
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

burntsienna

ooo my my my, that trailer looks fantastic!!!
I'm so unbelievably excited right now  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

peep

Wow, I was not expecting that at all. It looks great, it looks like it has a great villain too which is what films need. I think the Feb release is timed quite nicely.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320