The Princess and the Frog (Disney 2009)

Started by Kristof, March 10, 2007, 12:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luke85

Quote from: "jeakat24"Interesting behind the scenes footage on tonights South Bank Show (UK) It's just finished but you should be able to watch it on ITV player. It was about the history of Pixar and has some great stuff on The Pricess and The Frog
I saw this too, I thought it was great. I did think it was strange how they talked about how Pixar was founded in the middle of the show, I thought they would have put that part at the beginning? Other than that I recommend catching it again online!

jeakat24

Quote from: "luke85"
Quote from: "jeakat24"Interesting behind the scenes footage on tonights South Bank Show (UK) It's just finished but you should be able to watch it on ITV player. It was about the history of Pixar and has some great stuff on The Pricess and The Frog
I saw this too, I thought it was great. I did think it was strange how they talked about how Pixar was founded in the middle of the show, I thought they would have put that part at the beginning? Other than that I recommend catching it again online!

Yeah I thought it was a little disjointed in places but I'm so glad I watched it, especially as I only found out it was on 10 minutes beforehand
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Tuvok

Could this be the beginning of a new 'golden age of Disney animation'? I surely hope so. Handdrawn animation still remains the best. It feels warm, it has atmosphere that CGI can't compete to and the backgrounds look gorgeous!
There is one thing I'm dissapointed about: Alan Menken is not the composer for this movie. Randy Newman has experience in jazzy tunes, so it seems the most logical choice. But did Disney forgot that it's Alan Menken that set the standard for animated musicals? Glad they are using him again for Rapunzel.
Anyway, I'm realy excited about this movie. It's a shame we only get to see it next year :evil: .
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

AmericanMouse

There will be a opening on November 25 in several cities (New York and Los Angeles mainly to qualify for the Oscars) before a wider release December 11.

Stitch2814

awwww thats well not fair, I cant wait to see this film and hope it brings Disney back to what their classic films are like as it is a long time coming since Disney made a proper animated film in the style of aladdin, beauty and the beast etc etc

and why its not fair is we in the UK have to wait to (insert naughty word) Febuary to see this film which is a whole 2 months behind you americans :(

luke85

WOW.

Was in NY last week and booked tickets to see one of the advanced screenings. I was totally blown away by this film! Everything about it seemed to fit so well, great characters, strong story, brilliant songs and beautiful animation. I can't sing it's praises enough, and I bought the soundtrack the next day!

There was also a sort of meet-and-greet event after the film at another theatre which had all the princesses there on individual platforms, was great to see Tiana up there with the rest of the princesses. You could also learn to draw characters from the film, and there were various animators from the film teaching this.

I can't wait until February so I can see it again!

Kristof

Wow, Time.com placed Princess and the Frog on the first spot of their top 10 of 2009 movies:

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packa ... 15,00.html

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Kristof"Wow, Time.com placed Princess and the Frog on the first spot of their top 10 of 2009 movies:

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packa ... 15,00.html

Great news, thanks Kristof! I'm very glad this movie is so well received! If this is a success - and only then - we might actually see more hand drawn Disney Classics in the future ...   [-o<

To everyone: You love Aladdin, you love Beauty And The Beast, The Little Mermaid etc ? You don't want them to be the last of their kind??? Then go see this movie!! Twice! Tell your family, tell your friends to go and see this movie!

Stitch2814

I shall be watching this film when it comes out here in Febuary as it is going back to how I remember disney films and will watch it for that reason alone just to see if it lives up to the likes of aladdin, cinderella, beauty and the beast etc etc

And if it does then great as then I would hope disney will go back to these kind of films as for me personally these are the types of films that got me into disney in the first place and I would like to see the return of them.

lil-shawn

i watched it on the weekend here in germany, and i have to say i love this movie,
have to watch it again...

Welcome back disney and thank you for this great movie!!

Stitch2814

thats not fair!! why it seems to be out everywhere but the UK grrrr

dagobert

Quote from: "Stitch2814"thats not fair!! why it seems to be out everywhere but the UK grrrr

That's really strange. Why is the movie in the UK released in February? Are there any reasons. I thought Disney is releasing it everywhere at the same time.

dagobert

I've just seen the movie in the cinema. If you haven't already seen it, go and watch it. It's such a wonderful classic Disney movie. I loved it.

dagobert

To all who have already seen The Princess and the Frog. Was there a short cartoon before the main movie? Yesterday we have seen the movie, but there was no cartoon. I thought that Disney was showing a new Mickey Mouse cartoon, but maybe I was wrong.

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "Stitch2814"thats not fair!! why it seems to be out everywhere but the UK grrrr

That's really strange. Why is the movie in the UK released in February? Are there any reasons. I thought Disney is releasing it everywhere at the same time.

Here in The Netherlands, we'll also have to wait until February.  :(
I honestly don't know why certain European countries have to wait for several months more...
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.